3 Posts

Catan» Forums » General

Subject: Replacement cards for Cities and Knights rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jen R
Australia
flag msg tools
I need to replace the cards for Cities and Knights. They are torn and moulding. yuk I ordered such cards, but then got Catan EXPANSION Cities & Knights cards delivered. Everywhere I look online, it seems that only cards for the Expansion are available (even when advertised as 'replacement' cards for Cities & Knights, it is specified that the expansion is required to use them). I don't have the expansion, nor do I need it. So my questions are:
* Are replacement cards for the basic Cities & Knights game even available?
* If they are not, can I use the cards from the Expansion set I was sent to play the basic game? (I don't want to open the packaging if I can avoid it because if I can't use them I will return them).
Thanks for any advice you can give.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jraga wrote:
I need to replace the cards for Cities and Knights. They are torn and moulding. yuk I ordered such cards, but then got Catan EXPANSION Cities & Knights cards delivered. Everywhere I look online, it seems that only cards for the Expansion are available (even when advertised as 'replacement' cards for Cities & Knights, it is specified that the expansion is required to use them). I don't have the expansion, nor do I need it. So my questions are:
* Are replacement cards for the basic Cities & Knights game even available?
* If they are not, can I use the cards from the Expansion set I was sent to play the basic game? (I don't want to open the packaging if I can avoid it because if I can't use them I will return them).
Thanks for any advice you can give.

You're finding the right cards. Cities and Knights is an expansion for Catan (which is the base game), which is why the replacement cards say "Expansion" on the box. Are you perhaps thinking of the "Extensions", which is the Catan name for the extra tokens and cards needed to play with 5 and 6 players?

When I google for "Catan cities and knights replacement cards", I find exactly the right things. Here's an example, from the official Catan shop: Cities and Knights replacement cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen R
Australia
flag msg tools
Thank you!!!! That makes perfect sense now that you have explained it. (Yes, I was thinking 'extension'). (Even the online store I purchased from didn't seem to understand that and so offered me a refund). Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.