Fields of Fire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spotted Sniper - in Field Fortification - Stays in Place ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Mackenzie
France
Penne
flag msg tools
Scanning all my various rules and errata, I still seem to have a discrepancy regarding whether or not a spotted Sniper "retreats" when in field fortification.

Normandy Mission 1 - default enemy cover is Trenches - so usually a Sniper contact will be in either Trenches or Foxholes. These are both considered Field Fortifications.

In the rules I have,(which are I believe 2nd edition latest in colour), the Last sentence of the 2nd para of 9.6 reads " In contrast, Snipers in field fortifications or caves remain in place if spotted"

But following the FoF 101.Example of Play (Advanced Tutorial) Part1 - the early part of this tutorial has the US spot a Sniper, in Foxholes, and then (page 5) during 3.4.2, has the Sniper leaving his Foxholes and moving to the village in Row 3.

I've checked for errata, but can't find anything to clear this conflict.

Any ideas ?

EDIT - PS - should the Spotted Sniper be PINNED, are there other consideration that may affect his movement, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Lewis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be a difference between the Advanced Tutorial that was created with the first version of the rules and an update made to the second version.

I haven't checked that deeply, but that's my guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mackenzie
France
Penne
flag msg tools
Thanks Colin - but I"m still in the dark - which rule is the current one ?! I assume from what you've written that the 2nd edition rule is correct and that the Sniper stays put in his field fortification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denis sauzedde
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right with your assumption Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.