Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » BoardGameGeek Community

Subject: New BBG collection status rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arno Saxena
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
with so many games now on Kickstarter, maybe the Board Game Geek database does need a new game status. Next to Preordered, we would need "Backed"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have done neither. Is there a meaningful difference? Any chance of confusion?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I use "preordered." For my purposes, recording that the game is paid for and supposedly on the way, it's the same thing.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hojoh wrote:
I have done neither. Is there a meaningful difference? Any chance of confusion?


Well, considering you can get nothing for your money, with no recourse to get your money back, seems like a difference. KS is not a store after all...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar

That probably would make sense if you were on the Backed Board Game site.
devil

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
hojoh wrote:
I have done neither. Is there a meaningful difference? Any chance of confusion?


Well, considering you can get nothing for your money, with no recourse to get your money back, seems like a difference. KS is not a store after all...

Ok, that's a meaningful difference, but not so much in the context at hand.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What's the deal with board games?
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
hojoh wrote:
I have done neither. Is there a meaningful difference? Any chance of confusion?

Well, considering you can get nothing for your money, with no recourse to get your money back, seems like a difference. KS is not a store after all...

And in both cases I can ignore the rating.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Saxena
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tanik wrote:

That probably would make sense if you were on the Backed Board Game site.
devil



So, your opinion is, we could remove the status settings altogether. And further, since this is a board game site and not a who owns what site, you would prefer the who owns what list would be removed completely?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Saxena
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hojoh wrote:
I have done neither. Is there a meaningful difference? Any chance of confusion?


and since you have done neither, you think nobody else should do neither?!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Saxena
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Schoolmarm5 wrote:
I use "preordered." For my purposes, recording that the game is paid for and supposedly on the way, it's the same thing.


yes, I'm doing this as well. That is why I have the opinion, we could use a different status.

On the other hand, while thinking about it, you probably are correct with your assertion and preordered is probably the best status for this
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar

Torojima wrote:
tanik wrote:

That probably would make sense if you were on the Backed Board Game site.
devil



So, your opinion is, we could remove the status settings altogether. And further, since this is a board game site and not a who owns what site, you would prefer the who owns what list would be removed completely?


No, that feature seems to be useful.
I'm neutral on your question, to be honest.
I was just playing on the typo in the title. I guess I didn't select strong enough emojis to communicate my mirth and irreverence.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torojima wrote:
hojoh wrote:
I have done neither. Is there a meaningful difference? Any chance of confusion?


and since you have done neither, you think nobody else should do neither?!

Huh? Why would I think that?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Saxena
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hojoh wrote:
Torojima wrote:
hojoh wrote:
I have done neither. Is there a meaningful difference? Any chance of confusion?


and since you have done neither, you think nobody else should do neither?!

Huh? Why would I think that?


'cause you've given it as an argument that you have done neither?! I was pondering what you wanted to emphasise by that ...

Anyway. I think there is a meaningful difference. But also for the sake of not getting to complicated, it can be reduced to "preordered".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jos horst
Netherlands
groningen
groningen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Torojima wrote:
hojoh wrote:
Torojima wrote:
hojoh wrote:
I have done neither. Is there a meaningful difference? Any chance of confusion?


and since you have done neither, you think nobody else should do neither?!

Huh? Why would I think that?


'cause you've given it as an argument that you have done neither?! I was pondering what you wanted to emphasise by that ...

I just asked questions, and I explained where I was coming from, namely having no experience with pre-ordering, or backing a KS.
Quote:

Anyway. I think there is a meaningful difference. But also for the sake of not getting to complicated, it can be reduced to "preordered".

That's what I was inclined to think.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.