Hide
2 Posts

Dungeon Degenerates: Hand of Doom» Forums » General

Subject: A note about mission paths rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rusty
msg tools
I finished my first campaign game last weekend; because I don't want to ruin any surprises for myself, I don't look ahead any farther than I have to, and so didn't realize we were on our final mission until it was over, which was a little anticlimactic.

So, when you're setting up a mission, my advice is to glance ahead to the MISSION PATH at the end and skim for bold text, which will be the names of your next missions. If there aren't any, then let your friends know this is it!

(Hopefully in the, you know, second edition, the end-of-campaign missions will say something up front. I might go back & scribble up my mission book as I hit end-of-campaign missions.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
msg tools
We had the same issue. Our campaign was completed in three missions.

It was hilarious. But it was also anti-climatic.

I'd done as you said and glanced ahead and saw there was no "next mission" so when other players were debating whether to invest or explore, I just said "Maybe wait until the next mission ..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.