John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we're going to continue our 1st game later tonight (only had about 30-40 min to play last night)...

we started with the scenario they suggested, but my wife had asked when we had to stop: "what exactly are we trying to do? or solve? how do we win, assuming we're still alive or not insane?"...and i wasn't sure...(smile)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Robert
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a part of the investigation to find out what you need to do. You'll know when get on the right track, just don't run around aimlessly too much and focus on the hints the app throws at you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Germanicus
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use the app to go to the screen where you can save your current game, set fire, etc., you can view your current objective at the top of that screen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
msg tools
John_VW wrote:
we're going to continue our 1st game later tonight (only had about 30-40 min to play last night)...

we started with the scenario they suggested, but my wife had asked when we had to stop: "what exactly are we trying to do? or solve? how do we win, assuming we're still alive or not insane?"...and i wasn't sure...(smile)

The game will generally passively "guide" you with hints. One obvious hint is it might place an explore token and give it a detailed description, then place several others in one go "3 other doors lead into the mansion".

The app is directing you towards that specific explore token.

Don't get caught up fighting monsters, you don't win the game killing monsters. A lot of the time you can avoid them and progress the games. A I've seen a barrier hold a monster for several rounds, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GermanTodd wrote:
If you use the app to go to the screen where you can save your current game, set fire, etc., you can view your current objective at the top of that screen.
will look for it, thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.