Hide
5 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy – Borg Assimilation» Forums » General

Subject: Borg escalation Pack a possibility? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Bigness
msg tools
Does anyone want to see a Borg escalation pack for the game? I think it would be cool for those of us that may want an all out war with the Borg on a truly massive scale. the pack could include 3 cube ships 3 Borg spires, and 9 assimilation nodes. Heck every other race has an escalation pack so why not the Borg! (Makes me think of Voyager when they almost got stampeded by 15 Borg cubes! Luckily the Borg were in a hurry to deal with Species 8472 or Voyager would have been Toast!) LOL! Comments are welcomed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first got mine and noticed that there was only 5, I was kind of disappointed. At that point I would have agreed with you about wanting more. After having played several games now with the Borg, I cna assure you that 5 is plenty. If you have all 5 cubes and 5 spires in play and need more, you have probably already lost the game.

That said, if you really want more, it is probably cheaper just to pick up a second copy of the expansion and get more of everything. It would probably be cheaper in the end too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcial
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmb
By the rules if you are going to place the 5th Borg Spire, that means you lose.
Perhaps you can make a variant, but is not the porpoise of this expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bigness
msg tools
Actually the rule book says if the Borg have five Borg Spires on the board and then need to place a sixth spire the Borg win. As long as they don't have six worlds assimilated they have not yet gained a victory over the other unassimilated players. I use to think it was 5 spires lands them a victory but after checking the rulebook I see I was mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in a few extra cubes and spires as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.