Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Funny 3 -player game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zbyszek Kisły
msg tools
Once again I want to try a game on a Christmas Eve. Last time we played "Wanna Bet?" and that was a lot of fun. On Easter, we played Taboo and my mom literally cried with laughter. I got some smaller and more "mid" games like Sushi Go and Carcassone, but I want something that makes everyone laugh.

The important thing is that there will be probably only 3 of us - me, my sister and my mom.

I wanted to take Sherriff of Nottingham, but the game is really big. Maybe Time's up with modified rules? What else do you've got in mind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Funny games in small boxes for 3.

Match of the Penguins
Ghost Blitz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play Codenames with three - one spymaster two people guessing.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john greeb
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Although best with more players, I've had a good time playing Snake Oil with only 3 players. The game does depend on the players being "on the spot" imaginative.

Rather than have one person be the judge and the other two the salesmen, we played where each player was a salesman to an imaginary client. Then each salesman voted for who they thought had the best pitch. It's more of an activity than a "game" so winning doesn't really matter so much. Some of the products and their sales pitch can be pretty hilarious (Trying to sell an Exercise Corpse or Brain Oven to a Grave Robber were from one memorable round).

You can add elements of But Wait, There's More! (unfortunately out of print) by having the salesman blindly add another "word" card and having to add it to your pitch on the fly.

If you're looking for something similar to Sheriff of Nottingham that's playable with 3, maybe Coup .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your Mom is still up for physical activity: Dancing Eggs

or: Coconuts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to help you, ¿or to give you too many options?:

Codenames: I dindn't recommend it for 3 players.

Coup: +1 vote
- Laugh: usually.
- 3 players: perfect. The best number is 3-6.
- Size: very small.

Sneaks and snitches:
- Laugh: always.
- 3 players: it works well with 2-6 players, better 3-6.
- Size: small.

Pirate dice: voyage on the rolling seas:
- 3 players: it works with 2-4 players.
- Size: big.

Jungle speed:
- 3 players: it can be perfectly played with 2-8 players.
- Size: small.

Eight-minute empire:
- Laugh: not so mutch.
- 3 players: it works with 2-5 players.
- Size: medium.

The adventurers: The temple of Chac:
- 3 players: it works with 3 players. In my opinion the ideal is 3-6 players.

Ultimate warriorz:
Only if you'd like a confrontation game.
- 3 players: perfect with 3-8 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlotta
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halli Galli is great fun! I don't usually like speed games, but this one always leads to laughter. Plays perfectly well with 3 and is not particularly big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Pierleoni
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like games that rely on quick reaction times and messing with your brain, I suggest Ghost Blitz and Anomia.

I've played Ghost Blitz with two other friends and had a great time. We laughed so hard and it's fun to scramble to grab the right object.

I've played Anomia with my mom and sister, and the three of us were in tears. This game relies on quickly giving answers verbally instead of grabbing the correct item.

While I like both of these games, I probably wouldn't play them back-to-back as they have similar elements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.