Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

War Room» Forums » General

Subject: WAR ROOM game sessions and playtests- MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to post something and let everyone know that I will be organizing game sessions and play tests in the coming days and weeks for
WAR ROOM.

Tom Gale and Larry Harris have graciously provided me with a prototype copy of War Room, for which I am extremely grateful.

If anyone is interested in participating in playing War Room, please post a comment in this thread, or pm me. I hope to be able to host and or organize events beginning December 29th/30th 2017, and most weekends of January, 2018, and possibly February, 2018.

I have already scheduled an event at one of my local game stores, and hope to be having more events scheduled in the near future.

The event will be at the Board Game Barrister of Greenfield, Wisconsin on Saturday, January 20th at 11:00 a.m.

Here is the link to the scheduled event on the game store's calendar and their Facebook page:

http://www.boardgamebarrister.com/event/war-room-open-playte...

https://www.facebook.com/events/813611185510619/

Thanks,
Erik

p.s. I will be doing some video footage and photos from events and my own playing as well, and will be posting those in the near future.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ry Guy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested! Unfortunately I can't make January 20th, but I should be able to make another weekend.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ryazii3000 wrote:
I would be interested! Unfortunately I can't make January 20th, but I should be able to make another weekend.


That would be awesome if you could make it to another day. I am working on scheduling some more events, and will post on this thread as soon as have them "on the books".
As of right now, I have the 1st and 4th weekends of January also available, and possibly some weekends in February.

Erik
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
redblackmonkey wrote:
The event will be at the Board Game Barrister of Greenfield, Wisconsin on Saturday, January 20th at 11:00 a.m.


I will probably show up for show and tell rather than to actually play the game, but this looks like a really cool project. I'm a game designer with my own global WWII game and War Room looks like it's right up my alley.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Schneider
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
You mentioned needing to pick up a free ticket to participate. Is this true if you simply observe and if so can you get the ticket on the day of the event? it's a liitle bit of an out of the way drive to come before hand but if necessary I guess I can swing it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jackman51 wrote:
You mentioned needing to pick up a free ticket to participate. Is this true if you simply observe and if so can you get the ticket on the day of the event? it's a liitle bit of an out of the way drive to come before hand but if necessary I guess I can swing it.


I am not the one that wrote the ad, the game store employees did that. My understanding is that it is an open event to the public. I have already emailed the rep a question on the matter. I will let you know as soon as I hear the response.
If a ticket is needed ahead of time, I will get one for you and mail it or hold it for you.

Thanks for your interest in attending, please let me knows any other questions you may have.

Erik
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
redblackmonkey wrote:
jackman51 wrote:
You mentioned needing to pick up a free ticket to participate. Is this true if you simply observe and if so can you get the ticket on the day of the event? it's a liitle bit of an out of the way drive to come before hand but if necessary I guess I can swing it.


I am not the one that wrote the ad, the game store employees did that. My understanding is that it is an open event to the public. I have already emailed the rep a question on the matter. I will let you know as soon as I hear the response.
If a ticket is needed ahead of time, I will get one for you and mail it or hold it for you.

Thanks for your interest in attending, please let me knows any other questions you may have.

Erik


I contacted the store and have an answer regarding the tickets:

It is a free, open to the public event, and tickets will be available when you get there. There is no limit to the tickets or price, it is just a way for the store to track how many people are participating in the event.

So, no worries, please feel free to show up and observe and or participate!

Erik
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.