Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Cooper
United States
Plano
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook states that the first player to fulfill an objective claims it, and if two players fulfill the objective at the same time, both players claim the objective.

In phase 3, the players are acting simultaneously. So if one player fulfills the objective during phase 3 with a worker, and another player fulfills the objective with a worker afterwards in phase 3 - Do they both still claim it? Or does it go to the player that claimed it earlier in phase 3?

Edit: I think I found an answer in an FAQ that states that objectives are assessed at the end of a phase. True?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
At the same time is fairly vague. We were playing it as "the same phase" but I have feeling that is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When they say the "same time". They mean the same phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Cooper
United States
Plano
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
When they say the "same time". They mean the same phase.

Got it. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the FAQ thread. This and more were answered there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Windy City Meeple
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
ziggy3984 wrote:
The rulebook states that the first player to fulfill an objective claims it, and if two players fulfill the objective at the same time, both players claim the objective.

In phase 3, the players are acting simultaneously. So if one player fulfills the objective during phase 3 with a worker, and another player fulfills the objective with a worker afterwards in phase 3 - Do they both still claim it? Or does it go to the player that claimed it earlier in phase 3?

Edit: I think I found an answer in an FAQ that states that objectives are assessed at the end of a phase. True?

Spoke to Brian Lewis and he said if it happens on the same phase the other player can claim too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ziggy3984 wrote:

Just a note, but everything in the FAQ that has a (from designers) tag before the answer is either a word for word or paraphrased answer from Brian or Pandasaurus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willis
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For DNA cold storage objective, you have to have the specified number of DNA in your cold storage at the end of the phase, correct? It isn't just that you achieved in the middle of your turn and then spent it to make dinosaurs, is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unsweet_Casey wrote:
For DNA cold storage objective, you have to have the specified number of DNA in your cold storage at the end of the phase, correct? It isn't just that you achieved in the middle of your turn and then spent it to make dinosaurs, is it?

Objective completion is decided at the end of each phase, so you must have the stored DNA at the end of the phase to achieve the objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willis
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That's how I thought it should be (basically you are sacrificing making dinos that turn to claim the objective).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K.
United States
Imperial
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Unsweet_Casey wrote:
Thanks! That's how I thought it should be (basically you are sacrificing making dinos that turn to claim the objective).

That depends on which phase you claim the objective. If you claim the objective in phase 1,then you will be able to create dinos in phase 3 of the same round and no sacrifice is made really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willis
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. undertood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.