Hide
15 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Sorastro will be doing KD painting tutorials soon! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
For those who don't know, Sorastro is a hobby painter who makes the most professional painting tutorials you could find on Youtube. He's been uploading Zombicide and Imperial Assault tutorials for quite a while and according to his post on FB, he'll be uploading KD painting tutorials next week.

If you're unsure about painting KD or don't know where to start, I can't recommend this guy's videos enough.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sorastro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

He’s a fantastic painter, gives incredibly clear tutorials, and his voice is awesome to listen to as well. Here’s hoping he does a lot of them!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
I hope he does the expansions too.

I'm pretty sour that I painted most of my core monsters and survivors already, and did a pretty poor job at that. I'm really considering buying another White Lion and set of starting survivors to repaint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Tomek
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
hwknight wrote:

I'm pretty sour that I painted most of my core monsters and survivors already, and did a pretty poor job at that. I'm really considering buying another White Lion and set of starting survivors to repaint.

Walmart sells purple power in gallon jugs for like $11. Works great on anything other than rustoleum primer and seems cheaper than duplicate minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Pickrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
Dwtomek wrote:
hwknight wrote:

Walmart sells purple power in gallon jugs for like $11. Works great on anything other than rustoleum primer and seems cheaper than duplicate minis.

will that stuff, and regular 91% iso for that matter, melt cement, or super glue, and putty? i use magic sculpt... not sure if it would hold or disintegrate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awww mannnn, like I need another reason to feel bad about my painting...

Seriously, this is great news - looking forward to it !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I suspect he will only do the starting survivors and maybe the lion. I wouldn’t expect anything further. His videos are largely dictated by patreon which prefers Star Wars and Star Wars legion is on the horizon. I love his descent series, but the videos are few and far between and I think descent has more mass appeal than KDM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hwknight wrote:

From the facebook comments:

Sorastro's Painting Hi Pat! This first video will cover the starting survivors and should be finished by next week. I will be moving onto the monsters in the New Year..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hwknight wrote:
For those who don't know, Sorastro is a hobby painter who makes the most professional painting tutorials you could find on Youtube. He's been uploading Zombicide and Imperial Assault tutorials for quite a while and according to his post on FB, he'll be uploading KD painting tutorials next week.

If you're unsure about painting KD or don't know where to start, I can't recommend this guy's videos enough.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Sorastro

Cool.
Really, it is.

But I won't follow them because if I do, it'll take 145 years before the set is finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was planning to paint literally every other mini I own before KD:M. I do alright work (some is in my Gallery) but I still don’t consider myself close to “KD:M Worthy”. With Sorastro’s tutorials I can at least get a start on KD:M confidently. The way he explains it I know I could put out some display level KD:M minis by being a copycat. Super eager for these tutorials to be released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This made my morning!!!!!!

So happy!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Crawford - Greybeard
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I love Sorastros videos and I still haven't even started assembling my KDM stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Wilson
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Time to feel so bad about my painting that I give up and watch painting YouTube videos all day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
sumanye wrote:
Unfortunately, I suspect he will only do the starting survivors and maybe the lion. I wouldn’t expect anything further. His videos are largely dictated by patreon which prefers Star Wars and Star Wars legion is on the horizon. I love his descent series, but the videos are few and far between and I think descent has more mass appeal than KDM

Per this Twitter response it seems he plans more than only survivors & white lion But all of us KDM fans can of course also support him on Patreon and get a vote in what he paints next...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.