6 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: questions: faction progress, companions, shops rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebbe Sebbe
msg tools
Hey
I have a few questions about the faction progress bar, companions and cards that allow you to take a card from the shop.

1. There are some cards that allow you to take a card of your choosing from the shop without paying its cost. When you are presented with this opportunity do you add a fifth card to the shop or do you just choose between the four cards in the shop?

2. If a card allows you to take a card from the shop without paying its cost, does that mean you are also allowed to recruit a companion even if you dont have the required SPECIAL token?

3. If you get a companion through the loot deck (has no SPECIAL token requirement) that need you to be not "vilainified" when you unexhaust or it will be discarded, can you still equip it even if you are "villanified" ? There seems to be no requirement to not have the villanified trait to equip it, just to keep it after unexhausting it.

4. When I take a camp action, can I choose not to unexhaust a companion? And do unequiped companions unexhaust when camping or only equiped companions?

5. Are there only 4 progress stages in the faction progress bar?
The colors of the bars indicate the stage right?
It seems like few stages considering there seem no way of pushing back a factions progress.

6. Is there someway to push back the progress of a faction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seb123123 wrote:
1. There are some cards that allow you to take a card of your choosing from the shop without paying its cost. When you are presented with this opportunity do you add a fifth card to the shop or do you just choose between the four cards in the shop?

I'd say that only happens with an actual Shop action, so no.

Quote:
2. If a card allows you to take a card from the shop without paying its cost, does that mean you are also allowed to recruit a companion even if you dont have the required SPECIAL token?

Yes. That is its cost.

Quote:
3. If you get a companion through the loot deck (has no SPECIAL token requirement) that need you to be not "vilainified" when you unexhaust or it will be discarded, can you still equip it even if you are "villanified" ? There seems to be no requirement to not have the villanified trait to equip it, just to keep it after unexhausting it.

Yes. You can equip it, just understand it might not last very long.

Quote:
4. When I take a camp action, can I choose not to unexhaust a companion? And do unequiped companions unexhaust when camping or only equiped companions?

Un-exhausting is a mandatory action, and affects both equipped and unequipped cards.

Quote:
5. Are there only 4 progress stages in the faction progress bar?
The colors of the bars indicate the stage right?
It seems like few stages considering there seem no way of pushing back a factions progress.

There are 7 stages -- 3 groups of 2, plus a last one which indicates end-of game. The colours are there to indicate different values of the X and Y variables, but otherwise the two spaces within one colour are separate.

Quote:
Is there someway to push back the progress of a faction?

I've never seen a way, but I haven't played all the scenarios. I suspect not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebbe Sebbe
msg tools
Thanks!
Ooh so there a 7 stages?! That means that agenda faction loyalty cards are even more powerful than I thought because now a faction can have a lead of 5 (without ending the game) making each of that same agenda card worth 6 points. Interesting, so now there is more room to try to even them out and complete factions quests without pushing either of them to close to a game end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do believe for point 2) that the cost is solely the caps value. So a companion with a requirement doesnt become "free" as it has no cost but a requirement instead.

The ltp says that companions show a token or trait "in place of the cost", and the idea is companions decide for themselves who they follow or not.

There are cards that specifically allow recruiting companions regardless of requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebbe Sebbe
msg tools
Aha good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deanna Earley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The length of the power track caught me out the first few times I played.
It led to very short, unwinnable games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.