4 Posts

Palm Island» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Solo strategy/tactic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been trying something in solo play that seems to be increasing my average score.

This is it:
- don't use the large market, leave it out of the deck.
- don't take the blacksmith through all of its faces, just rotate it straight to lvl3 when you can.
- Max out the normal market as a priority.
- upgrade the first boat by flipping it for 1 fish & 1 wood.
- don't worry about getting the temples to lvl3, it can't be done with this setup.

This has helped me set a new personal best of 35 points! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Mietling
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
When you say "don't use the large market, leave it out of the deck." do you mean you play with 16 cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. I don't tend to use it anymore, so it's easier to play with 1 less card than keep cycling it round in my hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phill_doublel75 wrote:
Yes. I don't tend to use it anymore, so it's easier to play with 1 less card than keep cycling it round in my hand.

Taking it out of the deck effects gameplay. You can never move the second card to the back of the deck so leaving it out gives you better options. You may have been forced to move the front card to the back if the large market showed up and you had no actions available for either. Lets say because you left it out a free resource action was there in its place...this would give you the option to cycle the second card and possibly get a resource that allows you to use your first card forgoing the forced action of moving it to the back and essentially missing a round of upgrade for that card. Hope this makes sense to you I suck at explaining my thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.