Popular Tags: [View All]
John Garren
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, everyone!

I hacked the Lich boss to be playable solo or cooperatively. Instead of someone playing as the Lich, I’ve provided a small alteration of rules and step-by-step actions performed by the Lich.

The intent is to capture the play style of the Lich: filling its deck to spread its corruption, summoning Minions, and exploiting its Soul Jars. This hack manages to do this with a steep difficulty. I recommend modifying this any way you see fit for your preference in gameplay.

FAQ:
- Who is "you" referring to?
"You" is referring to the player the Lich is currently targeting. It only cares about one player at a time when it comes to single targeting for attacks and abilities.

- How do I adjust the difficulty?
Consider whether the rule on summoning a Minion each turn when the Lich is on the last Soul Jar is worth removing. The difficulty can also be adjusted by the amount of cards it starts with in the Corruption pile and/or the Soul Jar(s) used. Adjust these factors to tailor to your preferred play expectations.

- When the Lich draws from the Market Deck or buys a card from the Market, does it trigger its Faction Icon abilities?
No, that only occurs in Step 3. They only serve to accelerate the growth of the Lich’s corruption.

- Is the Lich supposed to keep buying stuff?
As long as he’s able to in Step 5, yes. Remember that he can only buy one Fire Gem per turn. It’s possible he ends up continuously buying cards that give him more Gold. I’ve only had one game where this got out of hand, but I do recommend creating a house rule for yourself if you feel there needs to be a limit.

- Will you fix the misspelled word “the” in the first step?
Oops! I’ll have that fixed soon. I’m out of town and was in a rush with my edits after playtesting before I left.

Thank you and have fun!
Oz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bille mann
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I see this correct, that the normal deck of the lich isn't needed here?
You just use the market deck, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.