Hide
4 Posts

Photosynthesis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can a seed grow instantly once planted? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Jhonson
msg tools
Rules as written says that you cannot activate a spot twice. Because of this says that you cannot activate the same spot twice to spread two seeds. It also says you cannot grow a seed and then produce a seed from that plant on the same turn.

HOWEVER! It does NOT day you can't produce a seed from a tree and then instantly grow it in the same turn

My friends and I are having a disagreement rules as written it seems like you can instantly grow a seed. Rules as interpreted you might not be able to.

Which is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It cannot. Planting a seed activates both the space where the base tree was and the space where the seed is planted. As the space with the seed is activated, it cannot be used on the same turn for another action to grow into a tree of size 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Brother
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
From the rules (that can be found on BGG), page 4 under Collecting in a green box: "Reminder: All of the above actions, except buying, activate a space on the main board (meaning you cannot act upon it again during your turn). This means that during your turn you cannot, for example, plant a seed and then grow it, grow a tree and then use it as a point of origin for a seed, use a tree as a point of origin for a seed and then grow it, or collect a tree and plant a seed in its space." (Emphasis mine.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme Pinto
Brazil
São Carlos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wierd, my printed rules don't have this reminder box... So, gotta play this again with the right rules now =D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.