Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate this card. It wrecked the game/match for us last time and it came out first turn in our "rematch". Guaranteed 6 damage, no way to mitigate it. Anyone else struggle with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
I hate this card. It wrecked the game/match for us last time and it came out first turn in our "rematch". Guaranteed 6 damage, no way to mitigate it. Anyone else struggle with this?

You have 3 nemesis turns to prepare for it (Power 3 - it triggers only once, when the last token is removed). it can do 0-8 damage - usually 4 in my games.
I think you have been playing power cards wrong and triggering them every time you remove a token - they only trigger when the last token is removed.
This is one of the most frequently made mistakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right! Wow, I was making the same rules error too! I guess the game is easier than I thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
I think you have been playing power cards wrong and triggering them every time you remove a token - they only trigger when the last token is removed.

Even when doing that mistake it would be one of the weaker power cards. I don't see the problem with that card, it's easy to play around it and usually you'll take 4 max from it if you don't pay attention.

I'm sincerely surprised by the amount of players who play the power cards wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Fistful of Meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:

You have 3 nemesis turns to prepare for it (Power 3 - it triggers only once, when the last token is removed). it can do 0-8 damage - usually 4 in my games.

Really??

I've been playing this game wrong all year!

suddenly makes a lot more sense why there are people who complain about particular set-ups being too easy (we'd never found the game particularly easy, but had been triggering most power cards 2-3 times as often as we should)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man alive! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has been making this major rule error. Thanks for filling me/us in. The game is going to be so much more enjoyable now. This card is no longer OP. Nemesis got two turns in a row for two rounds and we took 6 damage...haha...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Even if you were misplaying it, I find it a bit amusing whenever people complain about something being harder to deal with in 2P. It's by far the easiest player count, scaling down anything that's slightly more difficult to deal with (Pulverizing Ray etc.) would make it trivial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethereality wrote:
Even if you were misplaying it, I find it a bit amusing whenever people complain about something being harder to deal with in 2P. It's by far the easiest player count, scaling down anything that's slightly more difficult to deal with (Pulverizing Ray etc.) would make it trivial.

You have to take into account that folks may not have played any other player counts, and may be new to deckbuilding games too. Or co-operative games. Or didn't grasp the logic and tempo of the game yet.

By the way, kudos to the OP for including the contents of the card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.