Hu Liu
msg tools
Hi, I was wondering if someone can help clarify a few things as one of our friends is unclear about the terms used on some the cards and rulebook.

1) When a card needs to determine if a spell or card (source, quality, delivery) has been "played", is the spell or card(s) "played" upon placing them face down in the "play area"?

Our friend seems to think that he doesn't "play" anything until the spell is actually revealed. Our argument is that you need to "play" your cards in the "play area", then determine initiative, which then determines who reveals their cards, and then finally spell resolution, meaning once the spell is in the "play area", the cards have been "played".

2) If I "play" a 3-part spell while having Lady Luck's Garters, if another player steals either my source, quality, or delivery, upon my reveal step, does it count it as me "playing" a 3-part spell or a 2-part spell?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
1. Placing them down is not "played." Only when you reveal your spell does LLG add a card to your spell.

2. When you reveal your spell, it will have 2 or fewer cards, so you will add a random card to your spell.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.