Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So - due to some poor planning on my part in my current game, I've run out of influence markers. My row is currently empty in the Knight Guild thanks to me having bought some earlier and the guild master of the knight guild pushing some.

My first thought was that I need to get more influence markers into the Knight Guild for purchase. To do that I'd need to either be the Journeyman in the Knight Guild (and pull some in) or be the Guild Master of the Alchemist Guild and push some in. However without any influence markers that's not possible (unless I can give up my status in another guild to use that influence marker? can I? Or sacrifice a serf or subject somewhere?).

This I'm assuming my only chance is to get my knight on the board and do the Tax action to get the influence marker that comes with Reinforcements?

I could also hope the current alchemist guild leader does a push, but he has mostly been making vehicles and not crud. It may be a long wait before he his forced to push some crud.

And I guess the last thing I could do is just wait till Epoch III when I think the Knight Guild gets repopulated.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Xs
Greece
Thessaloniki
Greece
flag msg tools
as we play along...
badge
Above and Far
mbmbmbmbmb
this is the beauty with the influence markers.
An early planned strategy is awarded... that's what the game tells you from the beginning...

One other solution is to migrate off the board and migrate again by influencing in either Alchemist or Knight's guild...

Second best solution is to use "Tax" to get some..

That kind of mind-buzzling questions and problems the game will give you all the time..
It is in your hand to plan ahead and solve them.. or at least don't hurt your status much.. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Lutterot
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try and get the current alchemist guild leader drunk, and perform a push action in his place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ritz1974 wrote:
You could try and get the current alchemist guild leader drunk, and perform a push action in his place.

That's a good idea. I do have some wine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark swanson
United States
Columbia
mo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Jabah wrote:
So - due to some poor planning on my part in my current game, I've run out of influence markers. My row is currently empty in the Knight Guild thanks to me having bought some earlier and the guild master of the knight guild pushing some.

My first thought was that I need to get more influence markers into the Knight Guild for purchase. To do that I'd need to either be the Journeyman in the Knight Guild (and pull some in) or be the Guild Master of the Alchemist Guild and push some in. However without any influence markers that's not possible (unless I can give up my status in another guild to use that influence marker? can I? Or sacrifice a serf or subject somewhere?).

This I'm assuming my only chance is to get my knight on the board and do the Tax action to get the influence marker that comes with Reinforcements?

I could also hope the current alchemist guild leader does a push, but he has mostly been making vehicles and not crud. It may be a long wait before he his forced to push some crud.

And I guess the last thing I could do is just wait till Epoch III when I think the Knight Guild gets repopulated.

Thoughts?

As you and others have pointed out, there are some clever ways to get out of your predicament. In the future, here are a few early game objectives to consider to avoid getting stuck:
1. Rule at least one town (in case you need shillings in a pinch)
2. Rule at least one farm (in case you need shillings and/or food).
3. Place some sulfur in your barrel (in case you need to throw a feast to force another player to perform his/her guild action)
4. Go hunting for an archery butts landscape tile and then tend it (so you don't have to worry about influence). Granted, this one is a bit trickier to pull off.
5. As mentioned, migrate a knight to take advantage of "Reinforcements"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.