Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

These two actions are very similar and I'm confused generally about what the difference is. You can either play evidence, or begin a battle. Why not do battles all of the time considering they give you a bonus? How do you know which one to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Perez
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Daniel!

When you use an evidence card to incriminate a suspect in another player's board, that always starts an evidence battle.

You can also use the green evidence cards on your own board to prove the innocence of your suspects and move them up to the innocent row, so that will never trigger an evidence battle of course.

Cheers,
Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Papa November
msg tools
rsgames wrote:

You can also use the green evidence cards on your own board to prove the innocence of your suspects and move them up to the innocent row, so that will never trigger an evidence battle of course.

Cheers,
Dan

Oh...boy did we ever misread that rule. My group was doing evidence battles both for incriminating and for moving suspects up to the innocent row. No wonder our games took so long! *slaps head*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Perez
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
PapaNovember wrote:

Oh...boy did we ever misread that rule. My group was doing evidence battles both for incriminating and for moving suspects up to the innocent row. No wonder our games took so long! *slaps head*

Nobody can interfere when you are proving innocence on your own board. We tried that mechanic when we were setting the rules and it didn't work, game would take ages as you have seen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Papa November
msg tools
rsgames wrote:
PapaNovember wrote:

Nobody can interfere when you are proving innocence on your own board. We tried that mechanic when we were setting the rules and it didn't work, game would take ages as you have seen

Yes, it took some real lucky draws for that game to end. The winning agent had a lot of “I don’t like that guy” swaps and a couple dead suspects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.