Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Doctor Who: Time of the Daleks» Forums » General

Subject: Jack Harkness and Vislor Turlough? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Allison
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got my Time of the Daleks game in. I have not had the chance to play it but there seems to be a couple of anomalies and I don't mean the time anomaly cards. In the rule book there are several pictures showing a Captain Jack Harkness card and even one showing a Visor Turlough card. These cards are not in the game and I am not missing any cards according to the component count. What the ...?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Originally, two more Doctors were supposed to be included -- 5 and 10, I think. They were cut to speed things up [supposed to be coming in an expansion]. I imagine the rulebook was already being written before the change was made.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ArkhamSign wrote:
Finally got my Time of the Daleks game in. I have not had the chance to play it but there seems to be a couple of anomalies and I don't mean the time anomaly cards. In the rule book there are several pictures showing a Captain Jack Harkness card and even one showing a Visor Turlough card. These cards are not in the game and I am not missing any cards according to the component count. What the ...?

It mentions this in the rulebook at the bottom of page 6.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook at the bottom of page 6 (as Tim Kelly says above):

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrZaat wrote:
Originally, two more Doctors were supposed to be included -- 5 and 10, I think. They were cut to speed things up [supposed to be coming in an expansion]. I imagine the rulebook was already being written before the change was made.
Actually I believe the content for 5 and 10 is all done and could have been included in the base game, but was cut to bring the price down at the BBC's request, as stores will be able to move more copies at $50 than they would have at $75 (which is still going to be the total price for the base game plus the first two-Doctor expansion).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gas wrote:
...(which is still going to be the total price for the base game plus the first two-Doctor expansion).
Are the expansions officially going to be 2 Doctors apiece? I was hoping for 4, but that would leave 2 'spare' (including the War Doctor - who does appear in pics in the game - and the 13th Doctor we get as a Christmas present...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gas wrote:
Actually I believe the content for 5 and 10 is all done and could have been included in the base game, but was cut to bring the price down at the BBC's request, as stores will be able to move more copies at $50 than they would have at $75 (which is still going to be the total price for the base game plus the first two-Doctor expansion).


Ah, yes. You are correct. At any rate, the last minute omission of two Doctors explains the appearance of characters in the rules who are not in the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DrZaat wrote:

Ah, yes. You are correct. At any rate, the last minute omission of two Doctors explains the appearance of characters in the rules who are not in the game.



Need more doctors

and less down time
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
3, 7 , 9, and War, please. Except I think that War is already a thing? Just he’s a promo only? And has no card support?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Canuck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
The Gas wrote:
...(which is still going to be the total price for the base game plus the first two-Doctor expansion).
Are the expansions officially going to be 2 Doctors apiece? I was hoping for 4, but that would leave 2 'spare' (including the War Doctor - who does appear in pics in the game - and the 13th Doctor we get as a Christmas present...


At the New York Toy Fair, the Doctor expansions are shown: 5 & 10, 2 & 6, 3 & 8, 7 & "9". That leaves War (aka the real 9) and #14, both of which may come after.

It makes sense to do in pairs to make it cost effective. The real problem is the scheduling, since they will want to connect with the Doctor Who television series for promotion... and BBC has yet to announce an official start date for the 10/12 episode run with the new Doctor yet. (Heck, they JUST released a look at the new logo last month, which should have been one of the first things done.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.