Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as an FYI for Geeks, there is now a campaign for Clank! In! Space! in the Renegade Games Companion app! (There's also other stuff for other Renegade titles, if you have more than just CIS.) Hope everyone enjoys over the holidays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenerty
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news, I picked up CIS yesterday and was checking if the app was getting an update
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wood4Sheep wrote:
Just as an FYI for Geeks, there is now a campaign for Clank! In! Space! in the Renegade Games Companion app! (There's also other stuff for other Renegade titles, if you have more than just CIS.) Hope everyone enjoys over the holidays.

Nice! What does the campaign entail??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terrence Miltner

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:

I poked around for a game without the board and it's a series of episodes in a campaign. You update the app with your location on the ship and get a series of tasks. Looking forward to giving it a run this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChiVenger wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

I poked around for a game without the board and it's a series of episodes in a campaign. You update the app with your location on the ship and get a series of tasks. Looking forward to giving it a run this weekend.

Is this a solo thing, or just something to add to multiplayer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Bills
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got CIS last week and tried my first solo game with the app last night. I wish I had the app update then. I managed to get through the game without the CIS update but it was a little confusing. Updating the app on my phone now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
ChiVenger wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

Solo. From the app description: "Clank! In! Space! mode provides a single-player campaign to thwart Lord Eradikus. Play through the multi-game encounter and save the galaxy!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bradray wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
ChiVenger wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

Solo. From the app description: "Clank! In! Space! mode provides a single-player campaign to thwart Lord Eradikus. Play through the multi-game encounter and save the galaxy!"

Welp, I know what I'm doing tomorrow night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Riguzzi
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
I hope they'll do something like that also for the normal Clank!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strangely I can't seem to find specific instructions about secrets in the campaign.
I'm going to assume it's 1 minor secret only per space.

Also, when putting in my total score, I calculated cards, credits and items, but not the artifact or escaping. Is this right?
My score ended up being 34 rather than 64.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same questions as the previous poster:

1 or 2 minor secrets? I went with 2 since only 1 is a very specific detail in the preparation for the solo app campaign in the default clank. The preparation is quite detailed otherwise, so I took it this was not an omission.

total score: I liked better the categories breakdown for base clank.
The instructions say to count again the “items”, but not sure if takes into account the escape and the artifact. I would guess yes again, since the original clank total displayed a -well- total sum of previous categories. But if I do that my score is gonna get pumped to 112 in the first scenario. I did quite well, I think, but it’s a 30% boost.

Otherwise, great app! I used to solo 4 players rather than adapting the base clank app because it was more fun, but I enjoyed this. I hope the boards are set randomly in some scenarios for more variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely include the value of your artifact and escape pod when entering your score!

Same with the points from your Memory Cores and Archives (for the first scenario) or any other bonus goals you achieve later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you end your turn and the app has you trash cards from the Adventure Row do you replenish it or just go into the next round with less cards to choose from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MerryHo wrote:
When you end your turn and the app has you trash cards from the Adventure Row do you replenish it or just go into the next round with less cards to choose from?

When you finish your turn press Next Turn before you replying the row, trash the cards and THEN replenish the row once.
You start each turn with 6 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I busted this app out last night and have since played three of the missions. I can definitely say that this is the most fun I’ve ever had playing a board game solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question. When you take part of the code the app says to increase the rage in addition to any you might normally make. As rage goes up when you take a code piece normally, does that mean you go up by 2 rage spaces each time you grab a piece of code in solo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terrence Miltner

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thr33why wrote:
Quick question. When you take part of the code the app says to increase the rage in addition to any you might normally make. As rage goes up when you take a code piece normally, does that mean you go up by 2 rage spaces each time you grab a piece of code in solo?

Good question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The basic rules only increase rage when you complete the code (on the second hack). If the app also instructs you to increase rage at that time, it does mean an increase of two spaces.

Just remember that there is no natural increase for the first data port.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The artificially increases the Rage at certain points, always with the same message. As there are no other players, you could have potentially increased the Rage only twice per game.

Natural increases are:
* Hacking second data port and taking access key
* Taking an Artifact
* Finding an Archive (3 point small secret)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balázs Horváth
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just finished Episode I of the single player campaign and I'm extremely satisfied with the solo experience. Does anyone know how many Episodes are there alltogether in the campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That clears up the Rage question for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kanissus wrote:
I've just finished Episode I of the single player campaign and I'm extremely satisfied with the solo experience. Does anyone know how many Episodes are there alltogether in the campaign?

Five episodes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Bronson
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have finished Episode I. A great addition so that I can play solo. Works very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just finished episode 1 after having played competitively once before.
Without spoilers (if there are any, no idea how narrative this campaign is going to get), will the solo game get significantly harder in later missions? Since there will never come a point where my opponent has left the ship and attacks every turn, the game felt extremely easy to draw out with a low-clank strategy. (I pretty much had free reign of the board and finally decided to end it with 187 points, including 7 memory cores)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobl wrote:
Just finished episode 1 after having played competitively once before.
Without spoilers (if there are any, no idea how narrative this campaign is going to get), will the solo game get significantly harder in later missions? Since there will never come a point where my opponent has left the ship and attacks every turn, the game felt extremely easy to draw out with a low-clank strategy. (I pretty much had free reign of the board and finally decided to end it with 187 points, including 7 memory cores)

Were you eliminating cards every turn? Were there bounty hunters in the bag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.