Hide
6 Posts

Cat Lady» Forums » Rules

Subject: clarification on Moonbeam ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessica Wooditude
msg tools
The stray cat Moonbeam card says, "You may use any 2 food as wilds." This wording is confusing and led to the following questions:

1. Is this only towards food to feed Moonbeam, or towards any cats you have collected?
2. Are you using 2 cubes of any color in place of 1 purple wild cube? Or 2 cubes of any color equals 2 wild cubes?
3. Can this be used for multiple sets of 2 cubes or only once? Like if I have 3 red cubes and 1 blue cube, can I use all 4 cubes to equal wild cubes?

I think that covers it. Loved the game otherwise! I look forward to sharing it with my friends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wood
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jessticles wrote:
The stray cat Moonbeam card says, "You may use any 2 food as wilds." This wording is confusing and led to the following questions:

1. Is this only towards food to feed Moonbeam, or towards any cats you have collected?
2. Are you using 2 cubes of any color in place of 1 purple wild cube? Or 2 cubes of any color equals 2 wild cubes?
3. Can this be used for multiple sets of 2 cubes or only once? Like if I have 3 red cubes and 1 blue cube, can I use all 4 cubes to equal wild cubes?

I think that covers it. Loved the game otherwise! I look forward to sharing it with my friends

If you give Moonbeam a chicken and a tuna you may use 2 other food as if they were wilds (i.e. You may treat a tuna and a milk as if they were 2 purple cubes.) This happens only once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Wooditude
msg tools
Thank you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh, in the iOS app, Moonbeam gives two food even if you never feed Moonbeam. This seems contrary to your answer here.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wood
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hudarklord wrote:
Josh, in the iOS app, Moonbeam gives two food even if you never feed Moonbeam. This seems contrary to your answer here.

Lee

I know. The App is wrong. I can’t remember if I told them about this, but I felt like it was ok that Moonbeam was slightly different between the two versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are at least two changes to the rules in the app, it would be better as a learning tool if there were no variations.

It's good to know what the correct rule is. Thanks. I love the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.