Scythe: Invaders from Afar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Building on flag territories rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cru Jones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I build a building on a territory that Albion opponent has already deployed a flag?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You control the territory as long as you have a unit there.

Edit: You continue to control the territory as long as there are no enemy units. Building trumps flag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to what Michael said, flags don't ever control territories. They just make the territory worth +1 territory for end-game scoring for Albion if Albion controls that territory.

And yes, you can build on a territory where there is a flag as long as there's no other structure there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can i put a flag on a territory where there is a building ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:

Yes, that's allowed.
The only limitation is that you cannot put a faction token (flag or trap) where another faction token (flag or trap) is already present.

Edit: Thanks to jalwaaa for the head-up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
jalwaaa wrote:

Yes, that's allowed.
The only limitation is that you cannot put a token (flag or trap) where another token is already presente (flag or trap).

I would disagree with you here, according to objective card no. 13, a structure is also a token along with your mech, leader and worker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:
Painkeeper wrote:
jalwaaa wrote:

Yes, that's allowed.
The only limitation is that you cannot put a token (flag or trap) where another token is already presente (flag or trap).

I would disagree with you here, according to objective card no. 13, a structure is also a token along with your mech, leader and worker.

We agree on the intentions.
I took a shortcut on the description causing confusion: I used the word "token" as a short for "faction token". I'm going to correct it in the previous response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
jalwaaa wrote:
Painkeeper wrote:
jalwaaa wrote:

Yes, that's allowed.

We agree on the intentions.
I took a shortcut on the description causing confusion: I used the word "token" as a short for "faction token". I'm going to correct it in the previous response.

That also means that i cannot put a flag token on a crimean monument, since monument is a token and since only 1 faction token can be placed, it is considered as crimean faction token, therefore it implies to me that i cannot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:
[...]That also means that i cannot put a flag token on a crimean monument, since monument is a token and since only 1 faction token can be placed, it is considered as crimean faction token, therefore it implies to me that i cannot

No.
A monument is defined in the rulebook as a structure token (a piece of wood that represents a building, see pages 3 and 18 of Scythe's rulebook).
Albion's Flags and Togawa's Traps are faction tokens (pieces of cardboard that represent a faction's special ability, see pages 4 and 6 of Scythe: Invaders from Afar's rulebook). Buildings are not "faction tokens".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik is correct. Technically there are lots of "tokens" in the game (resources, wooden tokens on your player mat, worker tokens, etc). Whenever we talk about specific tokens, we mention the tokens specifically. So on objective 13, we list the tokens we're referring to. Similarly, in the Invaders from Afar rules, we both use the term "faction token" and we specifically mention flags and traps when talking about the rule that a territory can only have 1 token on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Erik is correct. Technically there are lots of "tokens" in the game (resources, wooden tokens on your player mat, worker tokens, etc). Whenever we talk about specific tokens, we mention the tokens specifically. So on objective 13, we list the tokens we're referring to. Similarly, in the Invaders from Afar rules, we both use the term "faction token" and we specifically mention flags and traps when talking about the rule that a territory can only have 1 token on it.

Thank you for clarifying Jamey. My confusion arised out of my own over analysis of your statement on a thread about objective card no. 13, where you mentioned something along the lines of "since i.e is put in the brackets, it implies to those tokens only" and since in Invaders rulebook there is no "i.e" in the brackets of "flag or token" mentioned, it was open to interpretation and i took it as "eg."

But now since you clarified, it trumps all confusion, designers word is final for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jalwaaa wrote:
But now since you clarified, it trumps all confusion, designers word is final for me.

Unless the publisher disagrees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.