Popular Tags: [View All]
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
10.33 states that there is no growth in the 1940 YSS. The example in 10.37 speaks of growth in 1940. All the times I played we did no growth in 1940. This is the first time I'm noticing this apparent contradiction.

Please someone tell me there's a contradiction here! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no contradiction, only typical AH vagueness in wording.
Rule 10.33 does not allow the BASE to grow, but Rule 10.31 allows you to pull a % of unused BRPs from 1939 into the 1940 YSS. But that % of unused BRPs does not contribute to the growth of the base in 1940. It only allows you to add the carried-over BRPs into the total for 1940.
I hope I explained that correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lgoldberg wrote:
Contradiction in the Rules?

In other "news", water is wet.

Just joking of course, Steve has accurately covered it. You get the percentage of leftover BRPs as per the growth rate, however, for the 1940 YSS it is not added to the base for future years (presumably because 1939 was not a full year).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! Yes, that makes sense now. It also helps the BRP calculation spreadsheet that I downloaded make sense too. It had the percent calculation in the 1940 YSS table, which I could not understand with my faulty interpretation of the rules, so I deleted the numbers from the 1940 line in the table whistle

I put them back in now. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.