Pandemic Legacy: Season 2» Forums » Rules

Subject: We lost January Game 1.. questions please. *spoilers* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- I'm not sure if I set up the objectives correctly. The manual says that I should retain objectives from game to game unless it says to "destroy" said objectives.

So in January I should have the "Build 3 Supply Centers" and "Recon North America" objective. Should I have kept the "Build 3 Supply Centers" objective from the Prologue too? I don't remember reading that should be "destroyed".

- Since we lost Game 1, the "Recon North America" objective says to consider it completed? So that means we only need to complete the "Build 3 Supply Centers" objective in Game 2 right? But "Recon North America" being automatically completed does not mean we automatically open Package 1 right? We still have to do successfully "Recon North America" as a game action in order to open Package 1?

- Is it possible then to finish January, and proceed to February, without successfully completing a recon of North America?

Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Would you ever really want to see an angel?
mbmbmbmbmb
dyeyk2000 wrote:
- I'm not sure if I set up the objectives correctly. The manual says that I should retain objectives from game to game unless it says to "destroy" said objectives.

So in January I should have the "Build 3 Supply Centers" and "Recon North America" objective. Should I have kept the "Build 3 Supply Centers" objective from the Prologue too? I don't remember reading that should be "destroyed".

No, you shouldn't have two copies of the same objective out.

Quote:

- Since we lost Game 1, the "Recon North America" objective says to consider it completed? So that means we only need to complete the "Build 3 Supply Centers" objective in Game 2 right? But "Recon North America" being automatically completed does not mean we automatically open Package 1 right? We still have to do successfully "Recon North America" as a game action in order to open Package 1?

It should only say that if you completed the Recon North America objective in the first half of the month, you get to count it as completed in the second half. If you didn't get it done in the first half, it's an uncompleted objective in the second half.
Quote:

- Is it possible then to finish January, and proceed to February, without successfully completing a recon of North America?

You will proceed to February after two games, even if you lose both games. If January has only two objectives and requires you to complete both objectives, you will not win in January unless you are able to recon North America.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Levine
United States
Clinton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dyeyk2000 wrote:

I don't remember where exactly (probably the beginning of the legacy deck?), but you are told to destroy the prologue objective before your first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dommer2029 wrote:

Quote:

It should only say that if you completed the Recon North America objective in the first half of the month, you get to count it as completed in the second half. If you didn't get it done in the first half, it's an uncompleted objective in the second half.

Dommer, thanks for this! I must have misread the whole thing. It makes a whole lot sense now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyhne
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are told to destroy the objective from the prologue.
I don't recall the object from January as "recon North America" but as "do one recon"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jyhne wrote:
I don't recall the object from January as "recon North America" but as "do one recon"

No. January specifically says "recon North America".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoolKow wrote:
dyeyk2000 wrote:

I don't remember where exactly (probably the beginning of the legacy deck?), but you are told to destroy the prologue objective before your first game.

It's on the Prologue card itself - note that one side says to destroy that card and the objective; the other side says to keep the log entry for future reference...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.