Fatal Alliances: The Great War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on earning political points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Dolges
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran into a question on the latest rules in playing a solo game.

You only get 4PP for taking an objective city/port via combat.

The latest rules also add a line to the chart: gaining 1 PP for taking each resource or non-objective city/port. Do you only get this for combat as well? It is not noted in the latest rules that way so it is unclear.

I took Belgrade with AH units without combat. The Central Powers get no PP for this at all due to it being an objective captured without combat? Would they have gotten 1 PP for taking it without combat if it WASN'T an objective city?

Seems like CP should get at least 1PP for taking an objective, even without combat.

Would appreciate any help on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
srd5090 wrote:

The latest rules also add a line to the chart: gaining 1 PP for taking each resource or non-objective city/port. Do you only get this for combat as well? It is not noted in the latest rules that way so it is unclear.

I took Belgrade with AH units without combat. The Central Powers get no PP for this at all due to it being an objective captured without combat? Would they have gotten 1 PP for taking it without combat if it WASN'T an objective city?

Seems like CP should get at least 1PP for taking an objective, even without combat.

Ignore that "must be taken in combat" - any time you take an objective, port, etc that was enemy controlled you get the PPs. You just don't get them for ALIGNING a country - for example, no political points for the Entente when France aligns Belgium after Germany declares war on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rader
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct - it's a bit confusing in wording. It refers to taking it from an enemy, i.e., not by alignment.

wifwendell wrote:
srd5090 wrote:

Ignore that "must be taken in combat" - any time you take an objective, port, etc that was enemy controlled you get the PPs. You just don't get them for ALIGNING a country - for example, no political points for the Entente when France aligns Belgium after Germany declares war on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dolges
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arader wrote:
Correct - it's a bit confusing in wording. It refers to taking it from an enemy, i.e., not by alignment.

Thanks as always guys. This may be something to include in the next version of the errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.