Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Dinosaur Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Worker die rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rolando
msg tools
mbmb
When claiming the die with the worker face, does that add a worker permanently or just for one round?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Permanently... and because it’s not tied to a specialist, it can’t be lost... worthy of a #3 Scientist if you ask me...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando
msg tools
mbmb
afrag wrote:
Permanently... and because it’s not tied to a specialist, it can’t be lost... worthy of a #3 Scientist if you ask me...


That's an excellent point. Question...in the rules it says: "and you only get the benefit once (i.e., you do not multiply by the scientist's research level)." Does this also mean you can only claim that die once per game. Or can you claim it every time you have a chance to, therefore possibly bringing in all 8 workers eventually?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
muskett32 wrote:
afrag wrote:
Permanently... and because it’s not tied to a specialist, it can’t be lost... worthy of a #3 Scientist if you ask me...


That's an excellent point. Question...in the rules it says: "and you only get the benefit once (i.e., you do not multiply by the scientist's research level)." Does this also mean you can only claim that die once per game. Or can you claim it every time you have a chance to, therefore possibly bringing in all 8 workers eventually?


It can be claimed every time it is rolled.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Grinnan

Austin
Texas
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Permanent...that cant be right!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
coachgrinnan wrote:
Permanent...that cant be right!!!


You gain one worker for the rest of the game when you claim a DNA die showing the Worker face. It is *not* temporary.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
harrenhal
Israel
flag msg tools
One scientist is enough to claim the worker die?
That's quite strong
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of games like nobody's business!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
arik100 wrote:
One scientist is enough to claim the worker die?
That's quite strong

It must be the #3 scientist, but yes, it is definitely strong.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
harrenhal
Israel
flag msg tools
runtsta wrote:
arik100 wrote:
One scientist is enough to claim the worker die?
That's quite strong

It must be the #3 scientist, but yes, it is definitely strong.



are you sure?
where is it written?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of games like nobody's business!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
arik100 wrote:
runtsta wrote:
arik100 wrote:
One scientist is enough to claim the worker die?
That's quite strong

It must be the #3 scientist, but yes, it is definitely strong.

are you sure?
where is it written?

Rulebook p7 wrote:
There are two special and rare faces that may appear on the DNA dice during the game: the [paddock] and [worker]. You must
assign your #3 scientist to claim one of these dice, and you only get the benefit once (i.e., you do not multiply by the scientist’s research level).

[paddock] The allows you to upgrade paddock capacity.

[worker] The allows you to gain one worker from the supply.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.