Subject: A box with no heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, managed to score a copy of TOR on ebay.

To my pleasant surprise, it wasn't just TOR but also the 1st 6 sets of Thunderstone was all in there, so Lots of cards!

BUT someone did somethin weird and removed ALL of the heroes. like WTF. Buddy was great and refunded me but now i am in a dilly of a pickle... without heroes i can't really play this game.

So I suppose the simple answer is, just buy another copy of TOR, afraid this is getting harder and harder.

Other question, is will not using heroes from the previous 1st 6 editions of thunderstone before it became advance, be to my dismay? As in if i get heroes for TOR and only use those heroes for the plethora of all the content from the original Thunderstone games, would that be bad?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Neubacher
Germany
Meckenheim
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations for buying one of the best (but underrated) games.

It’s no problem to combine the cards from the TS-series and TSA-series. There is a compatibility guide in the file section (or at the AEG-website; if you can’t find it, send me a PM and I will send the pdf to you). The game relevant differences are very small. In TSA the layout was in first focus.

E.g. the starting deck is different, heroes now belong to a race (e.g dwarven hammer can only be wield by dwarfs), monster are classified into monster level (to control the difficult level of the game).

Are you sure that the heroes of TSA are missing? Some players mixed the heroes of all TS+TSA-boxes to build the epic variant of the game. Check the complete cardlists in the file section.

And now dive in. Become part of the world of Thunderstone. And don’t forget: the story goes on with Thunderstone Quest (early 2018 delivery; KS finished). Videos can help: I recommend the ones of Paul Darcy.

Call me if you need help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely no heroes. Just the hero randomizers. So I’m missing the 132 hero cards from TOR and all the TS games. Dunno what to do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That sucks. You got the body without the heart.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like someone probably had two boxes which were meant to go together, and they got split up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Neubacher
Germany
Meckenheim
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm … you definitively need heroes to accomplish heroic deeds …besides the heroes, you have all other cards of TS #1-#6 and TSA-TOR, right? … OK, and you want these hero-cards cheap to start and gather some experience with TS/TSA … In this case I recommend: buy the starter set of TSA … this is cheap and easy available (at least here in Germany) … and remember you can combine this starter set with all your other cards … you get a richer game this way … then, if you like TS/TSA … there is no way to buy the missing hero cards in the market … but there exists collections, eg TSA: Worlds Collide … this are some old TS cards ( TS version 1 as to say) in the new layout (TS version 2 = TSA) … many gamers want to get rid of this “old” stuff, check it out … but I realize a renaissance of TS/TSA … because TS-Quest (TS version 3) is at the door steps … I’m eager to play this new one

Hmmm, not a bad idea to make some TS-games at Xmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.