Hide
6 Posts

Combat Infantry» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about bunkers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Covello
msg tools
I assume that bunkers (which are always face up) must be handled the same as face-up tanks in regards to rule 6.3. Otherwise a bunker effectively masks other units in that hex from damage (unless the unit is of larger strength than the bunker).

Agreed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
jaanco wrote:
I assume that bunkers (which are always face up) must be handled the same as face-up tanks in regards to rule 6.3. Otherwise a bunker effectively masks other units in that hex from damage (unless the unit is of larger strength than the bunker).

Agreed?

Sure, you have to target the bunker specifically to hit it. Otherwise any other units take hits, highest strength first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaanco wrote:

Agreed?

Isn't that the function of a bunker? To protect the other units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
jaanco wrote:

Agreed?

Isn't that the function of a bunker? To protect the other units?

In CI, the Bunker is a standalone unit which contains inherent guns. It's not a fortification or terrain effect like in some games. Units in the same hex as the bunker would be units outside the bunker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Covello
msg tools
Thanks for confirming that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.