Kevin Long
United States
Brush Prairie
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With only 2 players the token race feels stale. We have experimented with the band of cards requirement to exceed all the tokens in the region (counting both player's tokens). This gives opportunity to push for bigger bands (card counts). Card management is completely different and puts more pressure to get those early tokens down while they are easy as the requirement for bigger bands ramps up much faster and is less tedious. Too many ties in the scoring with out this variant?

Good race and a great game as it is! Elegant design!

Have not tried this variant with 3 player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are the 2 player rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Rise and fall of Anvalor, designed by me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting! I have only played on 3, 5 and 6, I agree the tokens were more fun on 5 and 6 than 3 as it is.

Edit: I do not have the game, so had not see this rule for 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
treece keenes wrote:
With only 2 players the token race feels stale. We have experimented with the band of cards requirement to exceed all the tokens in the region (counting both player's tokens). This gives opportunity to push for bigger bands (card counts). Card management is completely different and puts more pressure to get those early tokens down while they are easy as the requirement for bigger bands ramps up much faster and is less tedious. Too many ties in the scoring with out this variant?

Good race and a great game as it is! Elegant design!

Have not tried this variant with 3 player.

So are you proposing a 2 player variant using the official 2 player rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Long
United States
Brush Prairie
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OH! That is hilarious! How did I get the rules so mixed up? Funny. Yes I highly recommend the 2/3 player rules as stated in the rules. Thanks for straightening me out guys.

And since I screwed that up I should clarify those are the rules by the rule book for not just 2 but also 3 player.

I also recommend 2 and 3 player only play for 2 ages instead of 3. (Just kidding)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Rise and fall of Anvalor, designed by me!
mbmbmbmbmb
treece keenes wrote:

And since I screwed that up I should clarify those are the rules by the rule book for not just 2 but also 3 player.

Thanks! I had absolutely missed that too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Long
United States
Brush Prairie
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RustanR wrote:
treece keenes wrote:

Thanks! I had absolutely missed that too.

I am redeemed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
treece keenes wrote:
OH! That is hilarious! How did I get the rules so mixed up? Funny. Yes I highly recommend the 2/3 player rules as stated in the rules. Thanks for straightening me out guys.

I also recommend 2 and 3 player only play for 2 ages instead of 3. (Just kidding)

Thank you sir for admitting your mistake, many people would have stayed away from the conversation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Churchill
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
treece keenes wrote:

We just played our very first game which was a 3 player game and played that when placing a token you only have to count your own existing tokens in a territory and not anyone elses

Is thats right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.