Subject: First game success rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Petersen
United States
Stanwood
WA
flag msg tools
Just received this, played solo with 2 agents, mission 1. My sniper and Chromium were stuck in the South part of the map behind the hills with 2 xeno beta and 2 critters coming South.

The sniper died fairly early but that Chromium dude, he cleared the 2 lower points and headed up the left side of the map, getting occasional damage but able to move well and got behind the NE hill to avoid a few attacks. He was down to 3 health and there was a green xeno on the last point to burn. Of course i then drew "activate all xeno beta." I got hit for 2 hits and was down to 1 health. I then shot my pistol at the greenie, killed him, moved next to the point and destroyed it.

But I had to activate aliens one last time and I had a bunch of aliens near me and what do I activate: Activate no aliens!!!!!!

I was actually hoping to lose as I like hard games and don't like winning my first time but I did I find a few things I did wrong so will go at it again, but overall it was tight and tense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Have you listened to our YouTube Podcast "Die Nische" yet? :)
mbmbmbmbmb
The intensity of this game is one of the amazing aspects this game has to offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
therockfrog wrote:
I was actually hoping to lose as I like hard games and don't like winning my first time

Generally speaking, this is a hard game especially if you're playing with all the options on.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It really is a hard game, but a lot is because how random rolls can be

There sure is a need to move carefully, and you've got to be sharp and not make mistakes that can lead to disaster, but I've found myself shooting peas at the aliens many times and they usually responded throwing nukes

There are way too few dice mitigation mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Irish86 wrote:
It really is a hard game, but a lot is because how random rolls can be

There sure is a need to move carefully, and you've got to be sharp and not make mistakes that can lead to disaster, but I've found myself shooting peas at the aliens many times and they usually responded throwing nukes

There are way too few dice mitigation mechanics.

to 'mitigate' consider my house rule:

a GD is an exploding hit (one-time) OR a cancel one-of (Jam/Ammo).

note: a GD that re-rolls into a GD is 2 hits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.