Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Bailey
England
WEST BRIDGFORD
NOTTINGHAM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do space wrecks interact with unpredictable research?

If you have a tech partially done and you get a a wreck roll that upgrades it does it just finish off the research?

cheers in advance,

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Martin
United States
CAMAS
WA
flag msg tools
designer
"...but only slightly less well known is this:
badge
...never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormkahn wrote:
If you have a tech partially done and you get a a wreck roll that upgrades it does it just finish off the research?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bailey
England
WEST BRIDGFORD
NOTTINGHAM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nate, I thought that might be the answer!

I really asked because it seems a little ...lacking, I can't quite put my finger on it really.

What feels like a better solution is to say you get so many grants in the tech, say 4-5. Maybe these complete the current research but also spill over to the next level assuming there is one.

Just a thought.

cheers,

dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems clearly easy to house-rule this one to work as desired by mutual consent. E.g. give a fixed amount of research points, or 2d6, or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Martin
United States
CAMAS
WA
flag msg tools
designer
"...but only slightly less well known is this:
badge
...never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!"
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
It seems clearly easy to house-rule this one to work as desired by mutual consent. E.g. give a fixed amount of research points, or 2d6, or whatever.

Totally. Space wrecks are pretty rare, though, so unless you manually ensure that they end up in your Deep Space mix (and even so, there's only three OOB) I'd tend to want to keep the rewards for salvaging one pretty darn high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.