Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Geeks!
badge
Hello!
mbmbmbmbmb
Introduction:

The last years me and my son have seen most of the Marvel Cinematic universe movies. At the same time I have been collecting Heroclix characters that have appeared in the movies. This session is based on the Iron Man 2 Movie.

Scenario:

In this movie there are a few fights to choose from. The most exciting for a miniature game is the final battle as it includes many characters. The Justin Hammer is just for show as he doesn´t join the battle. He will run away the first round. He is from the “Invincible Iron man” set released in 2011. In the movie there are loads of Hammer drones. I have only one. He is from “Invincible Iron man” as well. Iron Man is from the “Classic” set released in 2009. War Machine is from “Armor Wars” released in 2005 and finally whiplash who is a give-away miniature from an event or something.

The battle was as follows. I controlled the war-machine and the hammer drone for the first 6 rounds. In the sixth turn, the Black widow gives War-machine control over the suit and the control is given to my son who is also controlling Iron Man. Whiplash will also Appear in the sixth turn under my control. Iron Man starts the first turn.

Battle:

The battle is about to begin. Justin is running away and Iron Man is trying to take out one of the drones, hoping War-machine will not take him down in the process.

Iron Man is lucky and takes out the drone with minimum damage as War machine don´t hit him.

War-machine gains control but then Whiplash strikes. It turns out that this final will be exciting. Iron Man and War Machine are older models that get worse quite fast as they take damage. Whiplash is newer and he is still a good fighter even if he have taken some punches. Is starts to look grim for our heroes. Both Iron Man and War machine can take only one more hit before they are KO and Whiplash will do so on a roll on 7 or higher on two dice. War-machine can take out Whiplash on a 10 or more on two dice. The odds are against him. He rolls an eleven and saves the day!

I liked this battle. It was close. And the miniatures moved around because of knock back. This adds to the drama. Fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.