Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb

This review is part of my series of reviews of how games have worked with my children. For the full list see: My children's game reviews - children aged between 2 and 13.

Fun Components:

The components in this game aren't anything special, just little white boards for each player and a whiteboard pen to write on them with.

Simplicity of rules:

The rules in this game are very simple, and easy enough for children of any age to understand. One person draws a card and selects a topic, the others write down suitable answers on their whiteboards, and then you vote on which you think they'll choose. Even a 6 year old can cope with this easily. The only limitation on age is just that they need to be old enough to write down suitable answers and to read the cards and choose a topic, although an adult can help with this. Younger aged players do have a more limited selection of topics to choose from on each card, as there are some that are clearly not suitable for this age-group, but there are usually a couple of options on each card, and if there aren't you can always just draw another card anyway!

Randomness:

It's a party game, so it's more about the fun of the game than winning anyway, but even a small child can predict what others will guess, and they always have the option of copying the others anyway. The only disadvantage younger children has is in selecting what they write.

Did the children enjoy it?

The younger children enjoyed participating in it when it was chosen, but it is the slightly older age-group, 11+, that really enjoy this sort of party game and where it really shines, and it was my daughter and some of her schoolfriends that were the keenest on playing this game.

And how is it from the adult's point of view?

While not quite as much fun as playing with adults, this is a game that works surprisingly well with children, and works better than most party games because it does scale down well for children, without them needing the extra knowledge you gain with age, unlike party games involving guessing/describing things where adults have an inherent advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the review! We love that this game can adapt to both adults and children, but with very different results.

The question “I think this is the funniest thing I might see on the bus”. Gets very different reactions depending on the crowd.

I would also suggest you check out our newest game in this same ilk of party/kids/drunken party games, the remake of Blurble. It’s a game where you see a picture, and try to blurt out the first word you can think of that starts with the same first letter as the picture.

I can tell you the P, D and V words change A LOT with the crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.