Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
luke smith
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Could I have 3 Joint Wars from other players and have +6 to attack a city state? We ruled yes, since I couldn't find anything stating otherwise in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You sure can,

".. he or she can use diplomacy cards he or she takes from city-states and other players. A player can not have more than one diplomacy card from each city state and each other player"

So as long as you only have one card from each player you can use each one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Nordstrand
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
badge
reviews.takras.net for board game reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:

The way you phrase it is that if you have multiple cards from each players (through wonder), this doesn't work.

But I'd say yes, it stacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
takras wrote:
jesters_race wrote:

The way you phrase it is that if you have multiple cards from each players (through wonder), this doesn't work.

But I'd say yes, it stacks.

Sorry poorly phrased, since you can only have one card from each player. Was getting at the point that you have one card from a player so you can play it and is the same for each player you have a card from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bardy
United Kingdom
York
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I think I've managed to confuse your question here, but I don't have the specific wording of the "Joint War" diplomacy card to hand...

I can't see how you'd be able to use 3 Joint Wars in the same attack, because each one stops you from using it against a specific player, so you'll only be able to have a max. of two in place at any one time, I think?

Apologies if I've misunderstood the question, although I do agree with Mark that you can stack all your bonuses together for attacks, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.