Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad news, European kick starter backers will not be receiving this game before Christmas. I spoke to a lady at games quest who confirmed this.
let's hope we get it before new year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fernandez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Spain and I know that Fallen Land arrived in Liverpool, UK on 20th Dec 2017. Anyone heard anything from GamesQuest ? they're the ones that usually ship my Kicksstarter / BackerIt stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David, I think Gamesquest have the game but are on catch up with having the Christmas break. A recent kick starter note said words to this effect.

I would think it's a couple of weeks away at most now thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis becker
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info, Mark. I was becoming worried a bit because I haven't heard anything since the arrival at GamesQuest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fernandez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually got a reply from the creators on Rob Oren's youtube channel a couple of days ago. Basically Customs in the UK around the Liverpool area are being really slow with the processing of the shipment. Making sure it's not weapons grade uranium and all that I expect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis becker
Germany
flag msg tools
Well, in a way, they're right: it IS radioactive material, after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I rang gamesquest customer service today and they said they will be sending the game out early next week

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fernandez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just pray that they are not using PacketPort from the UK to ship internationally. Had a real bad spell with those guys over Christmas 2017, they lost £250 of stuff and fobbed me off (BS'ed me) and blamed it on the courier service on Spain. It later transpired that the tracked package had not even reached Spain and they couldn't track it within the UK. Something very dodgy there indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dfernand wrote:
I just pray that they are not using PacketPort from the UK to ship internationally. Had a real bad spell with those guys over Christmas 2017, they lost £250 of stuff and fobbed me off (BS'ed me) and blamed it on the courier service on Spain. It later transpired that the tracked package had not even reached Spain and they couldn't track it within the UK. Something very dodgy there indeed.

I received two KS from Gamesquest this year and both were delivered by DPD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fernandez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly looking at my email history, GamesQuest do ship via PacketPort and they did so late November but that one actually arrived.

It could have been untrustworthy / incompetent temporary staff that many courier services take on around the busier Christmas period but reading the PacketPort Facebook page it's not just me this has happened to with them around the end of 2017.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but if it happens again, I'm going to demand a full investigation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domi Mooser
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I really hope this is coming to retail in Europe, I would buy it instantly, even though it is not generelly my kind of game, but it looks really cool. No way though I am buying it on Amazon for 140 bucks (with shipping), plus custom fees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fernandez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived a few weeks ago in Europe.

I think that around Christmas time is a bad time for delivering games (referring to my negative comment above). They employ temporary staff in courier and postal facilities and chaos ensues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.