Subject: Gold Mine - Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1:
After each round do you discard the current path cards, or do you leave them there throughout the game? If you discard, do you reshuffle all cards?

Question 2:
I am not sure if I understood the rules and example correctly.
Let's say there are 3 players: A, B, C all with zero cubes
You reveal a card, its 5 , every player gets 1 cube and you leave 2 cubes on the card.
Now, you reveal a 3, every player gets 1 cube and the card has no cube.
Now, you reveal a 1, no one gets cube but the card keeps 1 cube.

Let's say now, player A and B decide to Run away. There are 3 cubes on the cards so, A and B both take 1 cube, and there is 1 cube left in a card. C continues playing. A and B now save their 2 + 1 + 1 cubes (this cannot be lost)

Now you reveal a 5, player C gets 5 cubes (because he is alone).
Now you reveal a 4, player C gets 4 cubes.
Now you reveal a 1, player C gets 1 cubes.
Player C now Runs away. He saves 2 + 1 + 1(was left on the card) + 5 + 4 + 1.

The way I think of it is. You have "safe cubes" which you won in other round and you have "unsafe cubes" which you win during this round, they only become safe when you "Run Away". If you loose a round (i.e. 3 of the same symbol) you loose all "unsafe cubes" (the ones you received this round), if you "Run Away" you put the "unsafe cubes" into the "safe" pile

Does that sound correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen Brunborg-Næss
Norway
Son
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
Question 1:
After each round do you discard the current path cards, or do you leave them there throughout the game? If you discard, do you reshuffle all cards?

Yes, you discard the used cards. I usually do not reshuffle, mostly to save time. This also allow players to count cards in order to calculate probabilities, but if you do not like this you can reshuffle if you want. Most of the Green Box games allow you to choose some rules for yourself :-)

Your scenario in question 2 looks correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.