6 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: negate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roozbeh Salehi
Iran
msg tools
in the end of some text written negate and a sign like lore,will,...,what does it mean?
when the app says move the monster 3 space to the nearest investigator,what should i do if there is less space?
sorry i can't speak english very well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The test with 'negates' means you can reduce the amount of Damage or Horror you would otherwise take. For example, if the instruction is:

Suffer 1 Damage and 2 Horror (Will Negates)

; assume you rolled two successes. You can reduce what you are suffering by two, so you will only suffer 1 Damage or 1 Horror, your choice.

The following rules entry covers it. If any part of the wording confuses you, please indicate as such:
RRG - Negates wrote:
A test declaration that includes the word “negates” following the skill
icon indicates that the test prevents Damage or Horror.
-- For each success result rolled, the investigator prevents one
Damage or one Horror, his choice.

As for moving a monster toward something, you always stop it moving when it cannot move any closer. This is specified as such:
RRG - Toward wrote:
Whenever a component moves toward another component or space,
each space it moves must reduce the distance to its destination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roozbeh Salehi
Iran
msg tools
at the start of game the app gives us some cards,how many time we can use cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roozbeh17sep1989 wrote:
at the start of game the app gives us some cards,how many time we can use cards?

Each of the cards will tell you if you somehow lose it when you use it. If there is confusion about the wording of a specific card, first look up the confusing word/s in the Rules Reference Guide. If it is still confusing, askk here and we can help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roozbeh Salehi
Iran
msg tools
when the app instructed to suffer x facedown damage/horror,is it reffer to cards deck our my cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roozbeh17sep1989 wrote:
when the app instructed to suffer x facedown damage/horror,is it reffer to cards deck our my cards?

Suffering damage means to draw it from the deck and add it to your play area. In the case of facedown damage, you do not look at the faces of the cards.

You might be told to flip Damage or Horror cards and that is the instruction that refers to the cards you have previously suffered, turning facedown cards over and resolving their effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.