Subject: Black Monk clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
The worst pirate I've ever seen
mbmbmbmb
What happens if Black Monk jumps over the Acolyte who is standing on Black Book? Does Black Monk collects Black Book or just jumps over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
What happens if Black Monk jumps over the Acolyte who is standing on Black Book? Does Black Monk collects Black Book or just jumps over?

You cannot stop moving on another color of book. Page VII has this under "Collect The Lost Books":

RULE: The player can neither collect an opponent’s Lost Book nor have his Acolyte end its movement on a square where an opponent’s Lost Book is located. He may, however, pass through a square that holds an opponent’s Lost Book.

Also, you may never jump over another acolyte. Also page VII, under the "Rules of movement" section:

• An opponent’s Acolyte is an insurmountable obstacle; you move around him, but not over or through him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you Jeff. My question was about Malleus expansion. I should have mentioned that. I asked here as well because forum here seems to be more alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sacchi
Italy
SUNO
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colorado_Jeff wrote:
You cannot stop moving on another color of book. Page VII has this under "Collect The Lost Books":

Correct, but actually a black book can appear under the Acolyte's feet in replacement of a book of its color, if it ends the movement exactly on the book

And yes, the Black Monk collects the black book if it jumps the Acolyte
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you. We've played that this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was unaware there's an expansion. Now I have to find out what I can about getting it. It's a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♪ I'll mourn over the marble steps ♬ Junkies of the world lay across the monuments ♫ I climb and blister on the mount ♪ Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out ♪ ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Colorado_Jeff wrote:
I was unaware there's an expansion. Now I have to find out what I can about getting it. It's a great game!
The expansion is integrated into the new edition. I repurchased the game in order to receive the expansion. MiniatureMarket had it on sale, but sold out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to have the expansion, but I can't justify buying the entire game again to get it. Maybe one day there will be a kickstarter or something similar to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♪ I'll mourn over the marble steps ♬ Junkies of the world lay across the monuments ♫ I climb and blister on the mount ♪ Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out ♪ ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Colorado_Jeff wrote:
I'd love to have the expansion, but I can't justify buying the entire game again to get it. Maybe one day there will be a kickstarter or something similar to get it.
Yeah, that was the complaint of first edition fans. I ended up giving my copy to a friend and happened to grab the newer edition for $30. Haven't yet played with the expansion. Discussion here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Back to Black Monk:
May Black Monk jump over same Acolyte twice in one move sequence?
I mean when Black Monk is next to Acolyte and other player discards the card to move Black Monk. Can he then use each his move to jump over twice same Acolyte?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Sacchi
Italy
SUNO
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but only the first time the Acolyte gets cursed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.