Xia: Embers of a Forsaken Star» Forums » Rules

Subject: How do I place ice damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fredrik Sköldheimer
Sweden
Jönköping
flag msg tools
I have a question about placement of ice damage. The rules state that during you´re status phace. "Place 1 Ice damage in every space that is
orthogonally adjacent to ice damage". If there is spaces above, below, to the left and to the right of a Ice damage do you place 4 new ice-damage markers on those spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fredriksk wrote:
I have a question about placement of ice damage. The rules state that during you´re status phace. "Place 1 Ice damage in every space that is
orthogonally adjacent to ice damage". If there is spaces above, below, to the left and to the right of a Ice damage do you place 4 new ice-damage markers on those spaces?

Yes. One on each orthogonally adjacent space that is not already damaged. For that reason it’s much better to choose a secluded corner space as the initial location damaged by ice when the opportunity allows in order to slow the spread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fredriksk wrote:

yes...Ice damage is spreading arround
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert van Bruggen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
u could also block the ice spreading with a normal damage lets say u have 1 ice damage in a corner of your ship then if u also get normal damage place it arround the ice damage if possible so that it wil not spread any further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you have an armor module, and you take 2 ice damage, you could place them at either end of the module, so when they spread they both do it into the same space, saving 1 point of damage.
Also remember that ALL ice thaws when you are on a planet in the station - it does not need to be fixed.

p.s.
You can use your shields to block the 1 point of ice damage from Exploration Tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Sköldheimer
Sweden
Jönköping
flag msg tools
Am I allowed to move cargo cubes to another cargo hold when placing ice damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fredriksk wrote:
Am I allowed to move cargo cubes to another cargo hold when placing ice damage?

No. Cargo and outfits can only be rearranged during the business phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kiefer
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's all about the theme!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you block spreading Ice damage with shields?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
mageith wrote:
Can you block spreading Ice damage with shields?
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.