United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya all,

I'll be in Milford, MA for work the week of 8th Jan. I think I'll have a free evening on Wednesday 10th Jan and I'm interested in getting some gaming in. I'll be able to bring Zombology if anyone fancies giving it a try and possibly getting a copy without paying postage from the UK, plus a prototype of FlickFleet which will probably be my next game. But of course I'm also interested in playing other things too. Where should I go to get my game on?

Cheers,

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jack...

Do you have your own transportation? Are you looking to go somewhere or someone come to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya Jeff,

I'll not have transport, but am prepared to Uber myself somewhere. There's a chance a colleague will also be over and if so, he might well want to whisk me into Cambridge so he can play NetRunner at a FLGS there. Other than that, I'm happy with anything!

Cheers,

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool... my best three suggestions.

#1) Get to "Battleground Games & Hobbies" in Norton Ma. on Tue. night for around 5:30-6pm. It's not too far from Milton, down Route 495 South. I guarantee you will find a game or two to get into. There are a lot of different groups that meet on that night; players of RPG's, Warhammer, board gamers, people just hanging out, etc.

The board gamers are a good group that play a mix of games, though most of them are Euro players, so don't hold that against them . It is run by Phil and he/they are very welcoming to new people. I'm sure they would love to have a visiting guest to visit them.

#2) Look over my collection here on BGG it's up to date. If there is something there that you have been dying to try/play GM me and maybe we can work something out.

3) Don't miss the chance to do #1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya Jeff,

I *think* I'm busy Tuesday night, with an evening do for the meeting I'm attending, if not, Battleground sounds great!

Cheers,

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Black
United States
Walpole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Discover the Fun
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that something that occurs every Tuesday at Battleground, or just a 1 time thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jfeast wrote:
Is that something that occurs every Tuesday at Battleground, or just a 1 time thing?

Every Tue... The board game group is an old guild from BGG; "Guy Stuff Gamers" https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Guy_Stuff_Gamers run by Phil; https://boardgamegeek.com/user/Spielfreak

They use Google Groups to communicate about the weekly meeting and I'm sure Phil could give you the details and put you on the mail list if you ask.

There are 10+ regular attendees of GSG and sometimes meetings see 20+.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
jfeast wrote:

Every Tue... The board game group is an old guild from BGG; "Guy Stuff Gamers" https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Guy_Stuff_Gamers run by Phil; https://boardgamegeek.com/user/Spielfreak

They use Google Groups to communicate about the weekly meeting and I'm sure Phil could give you the details and put you on the mail list if you ask.

There are 10+ regular attendees of GSG and sometimes meetings see 20+.

And when Jeff shows you may even get to play a wargame! This isn't a knock btw, after years of wanting to play Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan Jeff taught me and we managed to get in 2 plays in the last year.

I will also echo Jeff's other comment, the GSG group is quite welcoming and a fun group of folks to hang and play games with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.