Subject: Cards under fortresses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom G
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules say that at the end of the game the winner should take out their cards under their fortresses and put them in the box. Should they be doing this for all the other cards under fortresses that were not theirs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the rules say, you only remove cards under your own fortresses, if you win the game.

Fortresses owned by other players have these players cards under them, but never your own cards, as you take them back (if you owned such a fortress and lose it during an attack of another player).

The cards of the other players are shuffled back into the next play stack.

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stubner
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I didn’t think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows -- Bart Simpson
mbmbmbmbmb
Henning,

I think something is lost in translation here. I see there have been several questions about what to do with Fortresses of the losing players of a round. The English card rules only speak of the WINNING player, so the reset for the next game is ambiguous for the Fortresses own by losing players..

Let me know if this is the right procedure between games, at least the 1st four games, as that is as far as I've played so far. I figured this from answers to other forum answers.

1. Winner has the most Fortresses, tie breaker goes to player with lowest valued Fortress.

2. Winner discards his cards from game.

3. Winner puts his Fortress in middle.

4. Losers with Fortresses put the cards under those Fortress back into new "Play Deck".

5. Loser put Fortresses into middle of table for next game

6. Draw 5 new cards from "Draw Pile" into new "Play Deck"

7. Put 3 hour glass cards into new "Play Deck"

8. Put any unplayed cards from all players and any undrawn from previous "Play Deck" cards into new "Play Deck".

9. Shuffle "Play Deck" and play next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Peter,

that is the right procedure.

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fury wrote:
Henning,

I think something is lost in translation here. I see there have been several questions about what to do with Fortresses of the losing players of a round. The English card rules only speak of the WINNING player, so the reset for the next game is ambiguous for the Fortresses own by losing players..

Let me know if this is the right procedure between games, at least the 1st four games, as that is as far as I've played so far. I figured this from answers to other forum answers.

1. Winner has the most Fortresses, tie breaker goes to player with lowest valued Fortress.

2. Winner discards his cards from game.

3. Winner puts his Fortress in middle.

4. Losers with Fortresses put the cards under those Fortress back into new "Play Deck".

5. Loser put Fortresses into middle of table for next game

6. Draw 5 new cards from "Draw Pile" into new "Play Deck"

7. Put 3 hour glass cards into new "Play Deck"

8. Put any unplayed cards from all players and any undrawn from previous "Play Deck" cards into new "Play Deck".

9. Shuffle "Play Deck" and play next round.

Thanks for writing out the steps so clearly, and thanks, Henning, for verifying. Can I suggests an edit though in your step 2? I think what you mean is:

"2. Winner discards from game all cards under Fortresses she controls."

That makes it clear which cards she's discarding. That also would help distinguish this step from your number 8: "*unplayed cards* from *all* players..."

Hope I'm not niggling too much, but I think that slight change to number two might avoid confusion about **where** the cards are that the Winner has to discard but other players don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.