Azul» Forums » Rules

Subject: Variant: Same tile more than once in a wall row rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luca Cogliandro
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
Hi, when playing the variant, it says in the rule book that no color can appear more than once in a wall column. But, what about in a row? For example, can I have two red tiles in the same wall row?

I would think not because the variant rules state "Rules are exactly the same as in the normal game...", which suggests that I wouldnt be able to place red tiles in a pattern line that already has a red tile in the wall.

Am I playing the variant correctly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are. That rule still applies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Dupeux
France
LABASTIDETTE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't. Neither in the column nor in a row you can have 2 same color tiles (like the normal game actually)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
stillill1973 wrote:
Hi, when playing the variant, it says in the rule book that no color can appear more than once in a wall column. But, what about in a row? For example, can I have two red tiles in the same wall row?

I would think not because the variant rules state "Rules are exactly the same as in the normal game...", which suggests that I wouldnt be able to place red tiles in a pattern line that already has a red tile in the wall.

Am I playing the variant correctly?

In future editions, we made a stronger effort to make this more clear - but yes same rules as the front - no duplicates in rows and no duplicates in columns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cogliandro
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
Thanks for clarifying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Brassard
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I just bought the game and it came with the English and French rule books. In the French rules, it is clearly stated, but not in the English ones, for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.