Hide
8 Posts

Dice Throne: Season One» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chi damage during Offensive Roll Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Decker
msg tools
Is there a limit to how many chi can be used during your offensive roll phase to add to damage total? I was playing that there was no limit, however, by the end of the game I was questioning myself. It appears there is no limit in defense, but only 1 chi can be used for additional damage during offensive roll phase.

Which way is it? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
You can spend Chi freely after your Offensive Roll to boost damage being done by the ability that is dealing damage. +1 Damage for each token spent.

The only stipulation that exists for Chi (when using Chi to increase damage) is that you cannot spend Chi for this purpose in the same turn in which you gain it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Decker
msg tools
Oh sweet. Thanks for clarifying. I thought I messed up and greatly altered the game to my advantage. It was my wife’s first time playing and we ended up tying. I am glad to know I didn’t cheat, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny Trembley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
David is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see you're enjoying the game Matthew! The Monk is a great character to play. He is challenging because you're constantly asking yourself how much Chi to spend on Offense and Defense. He does have the potential to become very powerful with his increased Chi stack limit also. I've played a few games with and against him where he's been an almost unstoppable force in the late game!

One of the things I love about this game is the balance of all characters. No matter who you play with or fight against, it is possible to overcome your opponents with the right tactics and a little luck on your side!

Great stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny Trembley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I played a "hot" game with the monk vs. Pyro last night.

The Pyro hit 2 Ultimates!!!!

I was down 22 to 6. I hit my ult and held tight at 2 health until I happened to do enough damage to get through a prevent 6 and her 6 health. But I spent 2 Chi too many and her defense killed me in response.

It was awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Decker
msg tools
One more question, in a team game, can I use chi to avoid damage even if the attack is against my teamate? The damage really affects both of us, even if I was not targeted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny Trembley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I can see where that might become confusing. But in team games, while you share health each player is targeted as if they are alone. So dmg has to be incoming to the monk (even though it lowers the team's health).

Cards like Not this time work because it says "Target player prevents
6 incoming dmg."

Anyone can be target player. You, your teammate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.