Subject: Should i wait for this or buy the current version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Vasiliadis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Greetings!
Need some help from the veterans. I was ready to purchase fief:france and noticed this version is to be released. My questions is - as i have no experience in this game-, should i go ahead and buy the current version or is there a reason to wait for the new(?) one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Araujo
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
I have the game and it is one of my favourites.

But answering your question, I would wait for the release - mainly if you have other games. The reason: you would buy the same version that I have and then spend more 50% to buy the new map and tokens.

This is what I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Fief: France 1429; it is my #1 game. With that said, the Fief: France 1429 – Tactics and Fief: France 1429 – Politics take it to the perfect place for gameplay and (for lack of a better term) story.

I know FIEF France will have the tactics expansion baked right into the game. I want to say the politics expansion is also folded in as well, but I need to confirm.

So unless you *really* need the game, waiting for the latest is to your advantage.

p.s. If you can track down the plastic buildings, it really gives the game a great functional aesthetic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan F
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
N Jones wrote:
I love Fief: France 1429; it is my #1 game. With that said, the Fief: France 1429 – Tactics and Fief: France 1429 – Politics take it to the perfect place for gameplay and (for lack of a better term) story.

I know FIEF France will have the tactics expansion baked right into the game. I want to say the politics expansion is also folded in as well, but I need to confirm.

So unless you *really* need the game, waiting for the latest is to your advantage.

p.s. If you can track down the plastic buildings, it really gives the game a great functional aesthetic.

where are they putting updates so we can track? i know the publisher said it wouldn't be kickstarted. i hope they are still including the tactic & politics expansion like you say or maybe it would be better to go back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you can read french, last update in on Asyncron's forum http://www.asyncron.fr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1985&sid=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new map will be available for owners of the current version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
N Jones wrote:

Reading through all the posts on BGG indicates Politics will NOT be included and a stand alone board will be 20Euro.

It may be worth picking up 1429 and expansions and buildings then get the board when it comes out if you want the harbour elements.

Edit: Honestly the game is not broken as is. I suppose the harbours will add more interaction, but that may be a negative since your immediate threats go from 2-3 players to 5. Which makes it more of a war game and less of a negotiation game.

Edit 2: I think I've reversed my opinion. Get 1429 and then see how the new map works out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier CHANRY
France
TOURS
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The stand alone board if fully compatible with FIEF 1429.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vasiliadis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot for the replies everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welldone wrote:
The stand alone board if fully compatible with FIEF 1429.

But are there other changes to the game and gameplay, not just board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.