Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: [Spoilers] Does [Unique Asset Companion] need to be equipped? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Druckenmiller
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Goalie Extraordinaire
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dogmeat, lists it's type as "Companion" but it doesn't have the companion symbol in the bottom right corner, is that a misprint, or can you have another companion equipped, and Dogmeat simply in your inventory to use? I ended up keeping him in my inventory and lost him very shortly after acquiring due to death. Just curious if we played correctly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
Winter Garden
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
interestingkiwi wrote:
Dogmeat, lists it's type as "Companion" but it doesn't have the companion symbol in the bottom right corner, is that a misprint, or can you have another companion equipped, and Dogmeat simply in your inventory to use? I ended up keeping him in my inventory and lost him very shortly after acquiring due to death. Just curious if we played correctly.


Good question. That kind of seems to echo how Dogmeat is treated in the video games... in Fallout 3 you can have Dogmeat and a "human" (bipedal?) companion accompanying you. In Fallout 4 you can only have one companion travel with you at a time, period.

So I guess if you want to play realistic to the source material, when playing the Capital Wasteland or Pitt scenarios, you can have Dogmeat in inventory and another companion. If playing Commonwealth or Far Harbor, Dogmeat is a companion and must be equipped accordingly.

laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Day
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither of the two Unique Asset companions have the companion symbol. This looks like a misprint to me. Besides, the card type text says Companion and there are no rules for "Companions that aren't Companions" so I wouldn't know what to do with it otherwise.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I equip it like other companions. I agree with the misprints theory.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Farkas
Hungary
Gyömrő
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a misprint. FFG "errata":

Quote:
Unique Asset Cards: "Dogmeat" and "Mysterious Stranger" need the companion icon in the lower-right corner of the card.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Druckenmiller
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Goalie Extraordinaire
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fkif wrote:
This is a misprint. FFG "errata":

Quote:
Unique Asset Cards: "Dogmeat" and "Mysterious Stranger" need the companion icon in the lower-right corner of the card.


Thanks, I had incorporated the general consensus that it was a misprint into the game, but it's nice to have official confirmation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fkif wrote:
This is a misprint. FFG "errata":


Errata? I did bot know they have published one. Where?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Farkas
Hungary
Gyömrő
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamelrha wrote:
fkif wrote:
This is a misprint. FFG "errata":


Errata? I did bot know they have published one. Where?


No officially released errata (yet?). That’s why I said “errata”.
I’m a member of the team that make Hungarian version of Fallout, and FFG sent a list of corrections.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fkif wrote:
Jamelrha wrote:
fkif wrote:
This is a misprint. FFG "errata":


Errata? I did bot know they have published one. Where?


No officially released errata (yet?). That’s why I said “errata”.
I’m a member of the team that make Hungarian version of Fallout, and FFG sent a list of corrections.


Oh great! That is good news.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fkif wrote:
Jamelrha wrote:
fkif wrote:
This is a misprint. FFG "errata":


Errata? I did bot know they have published one. Where?


No officially released errata (yet?). That’s why I said “errata”.
I’m a member of the team that make Hungarian version of Fallout, and FFG sent a list of corrections.


Are you allowed to share the other corrections? :\
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.