Marcus
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Impossible, help me say it, IMPOSSIBLE, or not?

Focusing only to HQ projects and not even building a pair of gyrodyne brought me into the misery of the miserable wretch.
Let's talk about 60 points of difference less than the winner!
Yet I had 3 gyrodynes put aside unused, yet I see a lot of potential but the game was clogged by too many if:
if only I had not lost those two actions, if only I had a better die to travel, if I had explored more the map.

The potential is there but the difficulty remains.
The manual page 14 states that it is very enumerable to complete the pyramid and perform the last Gate run. I make it but I lost the game anyway. will try next time again and again and again

Available technologies (I was wrong to not patent the C1#5)
seem suggest to bet all the game into gyrodynes I know

HQ at the end of the game with 3 unused gyrodynes
means no points, no bonus from gyrodynes even the 7 points.

Finalgame scoring, winner is 206, I made 145 VP
60 points less than the winner is too much (I am the yellow)

Next time it is essential to build a couple of gyrodynes but find space in the 8 rounds to do it is impossible if you want to complete the HQ pyramid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Stach
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like your reports and attempts to fully use the HQ board!
The HQ project strategy is probably the most difficult one to play well (especially if you want to fulfil all the projects) but it is possible to beat others strategies with it! (It also combines extremely well with the Exploration strategy.)
It also depends on the game set up - if there are no techs and no final scoring useful to HQ project, then I would not choose to use it as my main score income strategy.

Good luck next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Total actions in the games are 16 plus few red dice, and its hard task to complete the whole projects pyramid and build a couple of gyrodynes too

So what I try to achieve is do a lot of things with the same die.

Fly + orbital station is less interesting than Gate Run + Orbital station, do you understand what I mean?
I try not to waste actions.
So what I want to do on my next game is to unlock all the HQ projects and meanwhile gate run through the space and place orbital station or clame pulsar too in the same gate run action.
I don't need to buy gyrodynes, I have for free on my HQ or on planetary system.
But make all of this in 16 actions is very hard.
I have change one die of 6 for two 4s and this is useful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HQ strategy is worth of trying but technologies must be "friendly". I finished with no trasmitter nor gyrodyne, all 8 hq spaces filled, only 9 stations built and result was 192 points. Last flight was worth 30 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.