Wei-Chun Hsu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
The English rule said when I take the storage card action, I take the toolbox together with 3 action cards from the current pile.
What if the current round is round 2, 4, or 6 that the current pile is deem to be empty after round setup? Should I draw the card from the pile of next round?
Really need official clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
iamtak0815 wrote:
The English rule said when I take the storage card action, I take the toolbox together with 3 action cards from the current pile.
What if the current round is round 2, 4, or 6 that the current pile is deem to be empty after round setup? Should I draw the card from the pile of next round?

I expect the answer is to leave the 4 cards leftover rather than removing them at the start of the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Simons
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be nice to get clarification on this. As the rules are written, the storage cards are essentially useless in the even numbered rounds, But maybe this is how the designer intended it to be. Doubling up on basic actions in one round at the expense of having "dead" cards in subsequent rounds. It just seems a little broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=M3LSXF=- -=M3LSXF=-
msg tools
mbmbmb
iamtak0815 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't draw the cards from the pile of next round. The storage cards from round 1 show green (round 1) cards in it's action field, from round 2 blue cards, and so on. The rulesheet is also very clear on this.

When following the rules in a literal way, you can only use the toolbox action in rounds 2, 4 and 6 when choosing the storage action in those rounds (current deck is empty). That doesn't make much sense to me. So in our games with module F we leave the 4 cards in the game and use those (if they are of the correct type, if not, you are still left with the toolbox of course)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Simons
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Disappointing that there is not an official response on this since all the commenters are in agreement that the literal rules don't "feel" right. I poked around a bit on the Hans Im Gluck site, but I don't see a place to post questions like this. Is anyone aware of a forum where you can get publisher or even designer feedback on this module and how it is intended to work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=M3LSXF=- -=M3LSXF=-
msg tools
mbmbmb
g00sep00p wrote:
Disappointing that there is not an official response on this since all the commenters are in agreement that the literal rules don't "feel" right. I poked around a bit on the Hans Im Gluck site, but I don't see a place to post questions like this. Is anyone aware of a forum where you can get publisher or even designer feedback on this module and how it is intended to work?

Found this on the website of the publisher:

Fragen zum Regelwerk

Du hast Fragen zum Regelwerk eines Spiels? Wir helfen die gerne weiter. Schreib uns einfach eine E-Mail. (service@hans-im-glueck.de)

Maybe that is where we need to ask our question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb

I see nothing in the round set about removing the unused cards in the even numbered rounds. Perhaps you all use a convention that isn’t in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=M3LSXF=- -=M3LSXF=-
msg tools
mbmbmb
raged_norm wrote:

I see nothing in the round set about removing the unused cards in the even numbered rounds. Perhaps you all use a convention that isn’t in the rules?

It's a rule from the basegame, that should have been adressed in the Module F rulesheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb
M3LSXF wrote:
raged_norm wrote:

It's a rule from the basegame, that should have been adressed in the Module F rulesheet.

Where? I can't find it. Hence the round setup picture in my post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Simons
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
raged_norm wrote:
M3LSXF wrote:
raged_norm wrote:

On the very next page of the rule book (page 5) it states the following under "Clearing A Row" :
As soon as a number of cards equal to the number of players has been chosen (or removed) from a row, this
entire row is then removed. The removed cards are out of the game and can no longer be chosen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb
g00sep00p wrote:
raged_norm wrote:
M3LSXF wrote:
raged_norm wrote:

On the very next page of the rule book (page 5) it states the following under "Clearing A Row" :
As soon as a number of cards equal to the number of players has been chosen (or removed) from a row, this
entire row is then removed. The removed cards are out of the game and can no longer be chosen.

But that's dealing with clearing a row not setting up a round. They are different things

There are 40 cards per round (24 base + 2 * 8 module cards) of which 36 will be used (3 rows of 6 x 2). There are four leftover cards which are the ones I'm talking about. Nothing in the rules says remove the 4 cards from the game during round set up. Therefore these will be available for the toolbox in the even numbered rounds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=M3LSXF=- -=M3LSXF=-
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's definitely in the rulebook. See page 13 under "New Round".

New Round

After the first round with one of the piles
•When you finish the first round with pile 1, 2, or 3, lay out another 18 Action cards from the same pile for the next round. These will be the available Action cards for the next round.
•There will be 4 cards left over in the pile. These are removed from the game and will not be used.
•The start player starts the next round. The round is played in the same way as the first round.

Edit: It is in both the English and Dutch rules (page 13) of the game. I haven't checked other rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb
M3LSXF wrote:
It's definitely in the rulebook. See page 13 under "New Round".

New Round

After the first round with one of the piles
•When you finish the first round with pile 1, 2, or 3, lay out another 18 Action cards from the same pile for the next round. These will be the available Action cards for the next round.
•There will be 4 cards left over in the pile. These are removed from the game and will not be used.
•The start player starts the next round. The round is played in the same way as the first round.

Edit: It is in both the English and Dutch rules (page 13) of the game. I haven't checked other rules.

Thanks! Missed that one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.