Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all

At Gen Con this year, I stumbled upon the Aventuria card game. I really liked the quality of the Dark Eye RPG and bought this on the spot. I included each of the large expansions as well.

Over the intervening months, we had played the dual several times and enjoyed it.

Over the past two nights, we finally broke out the Adventure side and really had a blast running through 'the Forest of No Return'

But as the 'GM' for the game, I was a bit confounded by all the cards I had access to.

Each box had Event Cards, Reward cards and Henchmen. (plus others). When they called for Henchmen of a certain type, should I include those from other expansions? how about the rewards?? Events? Leader Abilities???

In the end, I did combine them and while it made for a slight eyebrow raise when the undead pirate showed up with the other undead, everything seemed to flow as it should.

My real question is - How are folks organizing these sets? I ended up tossing the smaller boxes and putting everything in the main box. But I have bags of cards from each set and I'm wondering if there is a 'better' way to organize. I have each Player deck assembled and bagged with their token and wheel, and then I tried to keep what was unique to an expansion together, but I think I should be mixing like cards...

Any help is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Martens
Germany
flag msg tools
You can wait for the wood card boxes.
[geekurl=https://www.f-shop.de/rollenspiele/das-schwarze-auge-5.-edition/aventuria-kartenspiel/]Card boxes (Kartentruhe) german page[/geekurl]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait wait....this game requires a GM?? I thought it was purely coop in adventure mode... #confused

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no need for a GM.

I crafted an insert using 3mm foamboard.
I kept all cards separated by type and by box (except for the rewards that are all mixed).

When I set up an adventure and create the henchmen deck, I usually take the cards from the box corresponding to the quest, adding base game henchmen only if I find the deck is too thin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Adler
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The GM was used in quotation marks, therefore I'm quite sure it was more meant to be a rulesmaster. The one most familiar with the rules, probably the owner, should have an idea about and decide the unclear parts of the rules or card texts. And there are some. In addition, this role can include preparation/questions of setup for the adventure beforehand like a GM would.

The post mentioned 'confounded' by all the GM-cards. Such a role of well prepared rulesmaster is useful (and this means, at least the mechanics used in the introduction adventure 'Silvana' should be clear; I prepared the more complex Wildenstein mechanics, too, and I'm confident, that is enough to play any adventure ruleswise well). At the moment I try to make Aventuria more known in my open play round. Those trying to play it 1st time shall know all the rules to play their character well, but while I mention rules of setup or deck-building (or some adventure specifics like rewards) in short, they are not first priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heavygnome wrote:
You can wait for the wood card boxes.
[geekurl=https://www.f-shop.de/rollenspiele/das-schwarze-auge-5.-edition/aventuria-kartenspiel/]Card boxes (Kartentruhe) german page[/geekurl]

Those are nice boxes but from translation and picture it won't hold an entire game.And by that I mean base and expansions.

They have the spinner clips in a section, once put together you dont take apart.those health counters are leaning and if stood up lid wouldn't close so you can't ad more than a few to a box and if sleeved and organized with dividers I would say at minimum 2 boxes but most likely 3.

Now aside from the cost and having 3 boxes replace my 1 large and 3 Small and price of delivery to US I think those are some amazing boxes and if ever comes out with a Crate to hold everything sleeved I would pay the shipping. Put me on the waiting list.

Biggest problem I am encountering with every organizer is the storage of the health dials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Grell
United States
Winter Haven
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about getting the KS bundle for this and wanted to know what the internal size of the base game box is. I see the dimensions are 11.7 x 11.7 x 2.8" on BGG but want to make sure it will fit this organizer from TBT: http://www.thebrokentoken.com/unsleeved-card-game-organizer/

Based on that I think it would fit but want to make sure before buying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Martens
Germany
flag msg tools
The boxes should be available in the US next year. You can insert 750 sleeved cards or 450 by using the token insert. The lid can be closed, even if the lifepoint wheels stood up. But you have a really little bump (i hope this is the right english word). But the boxes are not stackable, so it doesn't matter.

You can take a look of the backside of the packaging for more information.

If you wish, i can upload more pictures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea on price point for usa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Martens
Germany
flag msg tools
I think, it could be the same price as the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Here is mine budget solution:
Need to create some dividers, but unfortunately the box don't have enough height to have good dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wooz Woosley
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the Ulisse website, those look pretty cool. After a bit you'd probably have to buy at least one extra box for all of the cards. I could see having one box for characters and counters and a second box for scenarios, henchmen, etc..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malgamus wrote:
I'm thinking about getting the KS bundle for this and wanted to know what the internal size of the base game box is. I see the dimensions are 11.7 x 11.7 x 2.8" on BGG but want to make sure it will fit this organizer from TBT: http://www.thebrokentoken.com/unsleeved-card-game-organizer/

Were you able to verify this would fit? I'd also be interested in purchasing it! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
Malgamus wrote:

Were you able to verify this would fit? I'd also be interested in purchasing it!

I assembled this very organizer for this very game just yesterday. It fits!

However, the organizer does not accommodate the health counter discs, and the combined thickness of the rulebook and character sheet pad means the box lid is lifted a bit. So it's not an ideal storage solution. But the insert does fit in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Grell
United States
Winter Haven
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The insert fits as noted above. It comes up to just below the top of the box. While the LP counters don’t lay flat, you can easily fit 3 in a section laying diagonally. I’m still waiting on the Forest of No Return expansion which was forgotten with my original shipment but I have plenty of space for all the content released in English so far. Eventually, I’ll have to move the LP counters to an expansion box depending on how many more expansions come out but still a good investment for organizing the cards. The hero sheets are the culprit on the lid being slightly raised, it’s a thick pad of paper so there isn’t much you can do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.