Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to all,

Just wanted to make sure I understand the Heal ability: if it doesn't specify 'self' or 'allies', can I heal myself AND/OR all other allies in range, or do I have to choose to heal either myself OR the allies within Y hexes (not both)?

Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If it says

Heal X
Range Y

But not

Target Z

Then you get to choose one character, yourself or one of your allies, to receive that healing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, many thanks for the super-quick reply! So, without the 'Target' keyword, it's ONE single character by default, either myself or an ally in range.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for clarification: "target" is only used in connection with enemies, regarding allies it is "affect" iirc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, Michael.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Cragheart X card
Spoiler (click to reveal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Von Strubel wrote:
Just for clarification: "target" is only used in connection with enemies, regarding allies it is "affect" iirc.

Yeah, that's what the rulebook says. But it's not actually true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Cragheart X card

Huh. That's an interesting card. It looks like you MUST consume wind if it's there, whether you need the range bonus or not. I can see why it's an x card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Zollinhofer
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Willottica wrote:
Dexter345 wrote:
Cragheart X card

Huh. That's an interesting card. It looks like you MUST consume wind if it's there, whether you need the range bonus or not. I can see why it's an x card.

The way I read that is that the wind is only in effect if you are playing the bottom half of the card (nothing to do with healing). Side note: you don't have to consume it, it just has to be available?

If you are playing the healing part, you get to heal up to 2 targets no more than 3 spaces away (one of those people could be yourself) for 2 health each.

That is all correct, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wafflestomper wrote:

The way I read that is that the wind is only in effect if you are playing the bottom half of the card (nothing to do with healing). Side note: you don't have to consume it, it just has to be available?

If you are playing the healing part, you get to heal up to 2 targets no more than 3 spaces away (one of those people could be yourself) for 2 health each.

That is all correct, right?

You are correct about the healing ability on the top (and Wind doesn't enter the picture).

And to be absolutely clear: my comments on the bottom ability have nothing to do with the heal ability, I just hadn't looked at that card before and thought it interesting.

1. You play the card without consuming wind and set it up as a persistent effect with 6 charges.
2. Going forward until all 6 charges are used, any time you would make a ranged attack action, you check for Wind, then:
a) if there IS wind, you MUST consume it (the x'd out Wind) and add 2 range to the entire attack action (whether you need to or not) and use a charge (possibly getting XP).
b) if there ISN'T wind, you don't use a charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Schuster
Austria
Innsbruck
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I can see why it's an x card.

Honestly, I can't.

Spoiler about the Cragheart X card in question (btw, why the basic level 1 cards of the starting classes are considered spoilers by so many readers here is beyond me, but well, what does it cost me to add the tag?):

Lose a card in order to get a bit of range, but only if wind happens to be available (which you can't even produce yourself except for a single lost card that could actually use the extra range for itself ...). This could more often than not annoy your teammates who may rely on the wind for some much better effect themselves ...

Yeah, you can get three EXP in total. IF the wind comes up often enough ...

So for a lost card this is totally underwhelming IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's only situationally useful (which is what X cards tend to be -- that's x as in level, not x as in lost). For instance:
while battling wind demons it could be quite handy to stay far away and keep stealing their wind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the only X card I haven't taken into my hand for any scenarios yet because the bottom part is extremely situational, but I will say, the top part looks absolutely rad for support Cragheart once I can augment my cards. I'm thinking

Heal 2 Bless
Range 3
Target 2 +1

Start every scenario by distributing a bunch of blessings around the group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
It's the only X card I haven't taken into my hand for any scenarios yet because the bottom part is extremely situational, but I will say, the top part looks absolutely rad for support Cragheart once I can augment my cards. I'm thinking

Heal 2 Bless
Range 3
Target 2 +1

Start every scenario by distributing a bunch of blessings around the group.

Yah I didn't bother with this one either but now that you mention that strategy, could be very useful in a support role.

Edit: Be around 200 bucks though, just depends if you want to spend that much on support crag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.