Subject: Enlist action in 2 players game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacek Placek
Sweden
Billesholm
flag msg tools
Hi.

Do I understand rulebook correctly? It says in 2 players game u can get bonus from opponent only once per game, is this true? If yes, why so? Isn't enlist action stronger in +3 players anyawys since u have 2 neighbours?
I tried to find answer in forum but couldn't find, sorry if its already answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vestal
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's once per action, not once per game. It's specified that way, to clarify that if your neighbor takes a bottom row action, you don't get the enlist bonus twice - as in, you don't consider them sitting on both your right and your left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Mai
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are misinterpreting the sentence, yes.

The enlist bonus only activates once even though your opponent is to your left and right.

Edit ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacekl1992 wrote:
Hi.

Do I understand rulebook correctly? It says in 2 players game u can get bonus from opponent only once per game, is this true? If yes, why so? Isn't enlist action stronger in +3 players anyawys since u have 2 neighbours?
I tried to find answer in forum but couldn't find, sorry if its already answered.

No - Once per action - as in, you're only on the left of the opponent, not both left and right, for the purposes of resolving the enlist action. And that's simply because otherwise you'd get two bonuses per action when the game's balanced assuming you'd get one. My copy of Scythe is in another room so I'll let someone else quote the rulebook for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Putting this here while I try to think of something really clever...
badge
Just smile, no one gets out alive.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...I've been playing that wrong as well then. We've been taking the bonus once per game, which makes things very confusing when trying to remember whether or not you've already taken the bonus. Guess I need to work on my reading comprehension skills!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lassimer wrote:
Hmm...I've been playing that wrong as well then. We've been taking the bonus once per game, which makes things very confusing when trying to remember whether or not you've already taken the bonus. Guess I need to work on my reading comprehension skills!

You're possible confused with the one-off bonus you get (the one you cover up when you move the enlist cylinder). Enlisting gives you a one-off bonus AND an ongoing one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Putting this here while I try to think of something really clever...
badge
Just smile, no one gets out alive.
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
Lassimer wrote:

You're possible confused with the one-off bonus you get (the one you cover up when you move the enlist cylinder). Enlisting gives you a one-off bonus AND an ongoing one.

No, I knew about the initial bonus. I had read the rules quickly at the time, and assumed that the on-going bonus for a two-player game was once per game to prevent a player from running away with things if they got their recruits out early. Guess we'll be playing tonight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.